Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hot Weather, Slow Days

The hubby, Fio, and I went to my parent's 4th of July BBQ on Friday and had a pretty good time. My sugar cookies were a hit (didn't have to take any home) and my coconut cake was a little over half devoured. Don't think I'll go through the trouble of making that again unless I really, really want it-so many steps!

I enjoyed some of the fireworks but was mostly annoyed by the debris and fumes. Got bit a couple times by skeeters (itch-fest) but overall had a good time. I don't remember getting teased, which is a big success for me. While I would've liked to play some volleyball I know it would have lead to heckling that I wouldn't like. I've been standing up for myself more lately but I still have a long way to go!

In other news the hot weather has slowed me down recently. Taking walks with the dog is limited to morning or evening times and I've been slugging around drinking water all day with the lights off trying to stay cool. Thankfully my mood seems to be all right despite the lack of exercise. This week I'm going to refocus my efforts and get back on the horse, heat wave or otherwise! The hubster and I enjoyed our hike at Heather Lake last week and I hope we can get outside again next weekend.

Went to the movies for the first time in a long time and saw "How to Train Your Dragon 2." It was pretty good although a bit violent (vikings and dragons, shocker) and I would've liked to tweak the plot a bit but I enjoyed it. Very colorful and fun. Makes me wish I were an animator!

Whew. 9:30 at night and I'm still toasty! Time for a lovely iced beverage and some cartoons in this house!

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF