Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Hubster In ON This Week

Sure, my hubby is hot stuff physically but that's not really what I'm referring to! I'm referring to his insights this week and how he scored again by helping me realize that all my bitter, crankiness lately is probably linked to a self-esteem problem. Okay, maybe a sprinkling of hormones but mainly feeling insecure ;)

Comparison is a tough habit to break. Just like the negative mental chatter that goes along with it, comparing can be a sticky, sneaky force to combat. Often I slip into mentally talking myself down (self-harassment is what it is!) and the same slippery slope exists for comparison. Before I know it, I'm at the bottom of a self-esteem hill in a sticky swamp of insecurity with bitterness and anger whizzing around me like swamp skeeters!

So what to do? Mainly, I've got to flex some mental muscles and work on my resistance and that means boosting my self-esteem and working on loving kindness. Reminding myself that everyone is human and not exempt from short-comings and struggles as well as redemption and honor.

It's funny to see my perspective shift from thinking everyone around me is the problem when it's really my internal landscape that is causing the friction! Ah, but I've been here before and I know the way back. As satisfying as snarkiness can feel I know it's a hollow victory and actually hurts more than helps me in the long run.

Guess it's back to working on being a better person!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF