Monday, July 14, 2014

Wildebeest

There are some wildebeest next door. Namely, a cluster of children (no way to tell how many) that stomp and stampede up the stairs at all hours (most annoyingly at night after 11:00 pm).

Even more annoying is the 20-something that comes in at 3:00 am and chats with and teases her date on the landing outside our door. Klassy. Yes, he wants some. No, he has no clue you live with a pack of children.

Today I was skulking about the house with the lights off (it's been wretchedly hot for days now) and I heard the clamber of wildebeest on the steps. So what do I do? I sneak to the peephole to spy on the offenders. I suppose to see if they have some redeeming aspect or (most probably) to validate my view that they are in fact wildebeest.

The two boys stomp up to the door first, waggle the handle a few times before accepting it's locked. A larger teen girl with a rather morbid look about her follows with the father figure (who knows what the story is there but it was an older male) brings up the rear and unlocks the door.

I have a hard time hearing (partially my own damn weak ears and partially from spying through a front door) but they hear my dumbass dog barking his face off through the door (this could explain my difficulty hearing them) and the older male says something about us having a dog with or without a snide add-on (I couldn't hear) but for whatever reason the youngest wildebeest lunges toward my door, waving his hands and making some sort of face at where I assume he imagined my dog was.

They eventually disappeared into their apartment and I was left shushing my dog and wondering what the heck that was all about.

Who they heck are these people? Last I could tell there was some Boeing employee with some old folks sharing the apartment then the nice old folks are gone and the place starts filling up with randomly aged riff raff. I can't tell if there is a family unit or it's a clown car house with a variety of family bits shoved in for good measure. I've seen an older male, at least two 20-something females, at least three children, and another older male, saw a cat in a window and they have a dog I try to avoid running into on the steps and that they occasionally leave on the balcony (that makes me sad).

So confusing. I may have to start formal observation to sort this out.

In other apartment news the annoying (yes, I am annoyed by many of my neighbors) lot down below us got evicted finally. We weren't surprised. They left trash all over the back patio/lawn, junk around their front stoop, stickers on everything and litter as well. Glad to see them go but annoyed and concerned at the lifestyle and sad for the children.

It was a multigenerational family and I don't know what you call the "type" but they had a nice, newer car but couldn't keep their shit together otherwise. So either somebody lost a job recently or they just have a history of bad financial decisions. Either way, bad situation.

Jeesh. I'm a bit cranky. I blame the heat but I know I bitch and moan about the neighbors a lot. I'm starting to wonder if that's why people are so keen on buying homes and not this "American dream" bit? I'm sure some of the neighbors are legitimately offensive (lazy lady down the way doesn't pick up her dogs' shit, trashy guy further down yelling on his phone in the parking lot at the wee hours of the morning) but I think most of it is me being impatient and looking for something to bother about.

Whew. Just gotta let it go! Like the hubster says, it's all about my mindset.

Gotta be charitable and give people the benefit of the doubt.

Eesh. So much easier to be critical! I would've made a good fairy tale woodland witch I do think.

Can't wait for this heat wave to break. Some rain would be lovely too.

In other news we went for a hike yesterday at some ice caves (Big Four). It was really stinking hot and crowded. Biggest parking lot I've seen a trail in my life I think. Very nicely paved and easily graded hike yet there were some people with trekking poles and such (overkill). Lots of families and while there wasn't as much trash on the trail as I expected, there was some and it annoyed me. Shocker.

I'm seeing a theme!

*bitchybitchbitchbitch*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF