Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September At Last

Ya'll know that I love fall and while September isn't exactly fall quite yet-sometimes it can be quite warm for us in the PNW-just having the word "September" around has a cooling affect on me.

I have been doing pretty well lately although I haven't hit the "golden trimester" just yet. A little disappointed but while I'm still dodging the barfs every once in a while, I have had the go-getum to take more walks.

Loving those walks. There are some psychotic moments when Fio goes nuts at other dogs but my route limits those encounters and I enjoy the hearty trudge! Sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes it's over an hour, either way I lose track of time and enjoy simply walking and thinking, soaking up some UV and seeing some sights. It has been wonderful. I won't lie, I've been a moody pregnant lady but I do think the walks have helped my mood, even if it doesn't eliminate outbursts ;)

Lately I've been feeling grumpy about being so sick and tired. Hoping that this week is the last of my early pregnancy woes (most women see morning sickness leave by 16 weeks and I'll be 16 weeks this Sunday!) but I know that some women feel like crap the entire pregnancy. I'm willing to do the time I'd just really appreciate a week barf-free with some energy and appetite!

In other baby news, I'm on call for a September delivery and excited to do some doula work. I'm a little nervous about managing my pregnancy symptoms during a lengthy delivery but hoping that good ole adrenaline and some snacks will get me through.

The hubster and I have been discussing our babymoon plans and I'm starting to get excited. We have decided to go to Calgary/Banff! Our babymoon window conveniently falls right on our anniversary so I'm excited for that too. Should be a fabulous fall trip with some gorgeous mountains, good food, warm fires, and quality R&R.

Originally we discussed going southwest to someplace cheap and warm but after slogging around in the summer heat I decided I'd had enough. Don't know how he came up with it, but Calgary/Banff came up and after looking into it we decided it was just our style.

In other baby news we've started to rearrange the apartment a little bit. The glider is now snuggled in its designated corner in the living room and we've got some shelf space cleared for baby stuff in the bedroom, even got some bins for baby's clothes and isolated the cat boxes.






2 comments:

  1. Yes, most woman start being able to eat again around 16 weeks and I hope the same will be true for you. Hyperemesis Gravidarum runs on our family and 16 weeks was a magic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I don't have to cope with being that sick but I sure hope 16 weeks is a magic time for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF