Friday, October 17, 2014

Anniversary

This afternoon the hubster was being a little evasive and this is how it went....

"I might need to go run an errand later." He said, avoiding eye contact.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Well, I might need coffee."

"You're outta coffee in the house? What about instant?"

"I'm out."

"You're out of instant!? Did you throw the container away?" (I use instant in recipes and wanted to keep the jar)

"No, no no. It's not coffee."

"What?"

"It's-um-anniversary related." (Referring to buying an anniversary card before we leave for our pre-trip trip tomorrow)

"Oh shit, can I come?" (I had forgotten as well)

Mind you, all this took place while I was sitting on the toilet peeing and he was washing he hands in the bathroom sink beside me. We started laughing to so hard we cried. Our 2nd anniversary and it's come to this!

We leave Monday flight-wise but we are leaving home base tomorrow to spend a couple nights with my parents and to settle the pets there for the week-so anniversary errand time is running short. Adding insult to injury, I make about 40 cards for other people every year but never make my husband's anniversary card (not just wedding, any cards really). So here I am, a card mistress caught without a card!

Life's little jokes...

:)

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I just had our 2nd on the 12th and we both forgot as well! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF