Thursday, October 9, 2014

Feeling Motherly, Falling Further in Love

The hubster and I went to have our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and now I find myself daydreaming about meeting baby more and more. Even though the fluctuating black and white images don't paint a literal picture of my baby, just "seeing" baby makes me feel more motherly, possessive, and in love.

Baby was pretty stubborn, laying on his/her front the entire time but the ultrasound tech did a great job and when baby flipped over right at the end of the appointment she snapped this glorious shot!



Everything looks good and baby is measuring in the 56% percentile, so "very average" and right on track.

I was a bit nervous before the appointment but had a really good time and loved sharing the experience with the hubby. I think the starlight ceiling lights in the fancy ultrasound room set the mood. I found myself thinking, "I hope we get to come back to this place next time!"

In other news, my hip pain has been better lately though I'm still not back up to speed. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go on my walks everyday anymore but I'll try to get back into the groove and keep up the yoga within my limitations.

Got the call for ornaments and go in for the first time today. A little nervous because I haven't practiced at all but hoping it comes flooding back to me!

1 comment:

  1. It is so exciting seeing your baby's first picture! Wonderful news that he/she is healthy and "very average".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF