Friday, October 3, 2014

I knew it! I KNEW IT!

I tend to overreact to neighborhood woes; graffiti and trash mean that the neighborhood is slipping into the "slum zone" when it's really just a part of urban living. So when I started getting concerned with the junk around our apartment a part of me ignored the suspicious thoughts and ruled them out as the ravings of a neurotic woman. What are the chances some kids would try to light up a pile of furniture, I mean really?

Well, walking the dog this morning by the piles of furniture abandoned at our complex (and left in piles for months on end by the management) I noticed a box of half-used fireplace matches around the furniture. Perhaps some hoodlums attempting to light up a pile of junk? Eh? Eh? Maybe this crazy gal ain't so crazy!

I've been contemplating calling the city on the complex in regards to the junk and after seeing that today I was pretty well convinced but being the not-so-confident chick that I am I still had doubts. I decided to call the office and see what they had to say about it. I got a canned answer, "We have it on our to-do list but other emergencies have come up and we only have 3 maintenance guys working but we'll investigate those matches, thank you for calling." I am not impressed. Sounds like other people have called, the management has established a routine answer, and the piles will remain.

The other pile.
Pile with matches.


It's not a huge deal, it doesn't directly affect me daily, but I am concerned about the vandalism potential, housing loose animals, kids getting tetanus, that kind of stuff so I'm still considering reporting it to code enforcement. But is that too much? I feel like a tattle. Like I don't have a good enough reason to complain! Or is it just my low self-esteem negating my opinions again?

I've mentioned before how frustrated I am at this complex and this episode builds on that frustration. I feel like it's the complex/management vs. me. Is it just me, or is that wrong? Shouldn't it be a complementary relationship? Maybe it's too much to ask for a positive rental relationship? I don't know and the hubster doesn't care, so I'm stuck in an uncomfortable limbo of self-doubt and angst.

Speaking of uncomfortable.... Pregnancy has thrown me another curve ball and my hip pain has become more than just a morning affair.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but occasionally upon waking my hips would throb and sometimes pop as I turn over. Even turning over in the night was problematic. Well yesterday that pain left the bedroom and followed me through the day and eventually I lost it.

Doing the dishes I was aching and having a hard time bending over and I became frustrated with the pain, next thing you know all the tears I'd been trying to shed the past week came flooding out. I can handle the pain, I just couldn't handle it all day and feeling like I couldn't do anything! The hubster was a little blindsided but afterward told me that I had to call the midwives today even if I have appointment next week. Pain that prevents me from doing my daily activities or affect my bottom line is just too much pain. I knew he had a point but I grew up with a "suck it up, buttercup" approach to pain and nearly always err on the side of "stop complaining and carry on." So I have a message in at the midwives' and we'll just have to wait and see what they say.

In other news, Iroh seems to have worms. So the pet saga continues with more poo and vet drama to come. So delightful!

Not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF