Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Belly Cast Project


Quite a few stages but here's the belly cast including the initial cast, trim, smoothing finish, sanding, base coat, and then all the little painting stages I spread out over the last 10 days or so. 

The hubster got more attached to the project than we expected so he got to chime in on the design a bit too-we ended up mushing together "galactic/night sky/constellations" and "mandalas" and "labyrinth" and "bright colors, like purple and orange" though I refused to add a squirrel or portrait of Millie...
















Believe it or not we still have a couple stages to go-the hubster has to spray a clear coat on the inside of the cast and the front and we have to rig up a system to hang it on the wall.

I wasn't quite sure how I wanted it to turn out and while I love certain aspects I'm not sure if I'm supremely happy with the entire piece... Though I'm never thrilled with any of my crafts so I guess being satisfied is about as good as it gets!

As for the hubby he was surprised to find the whole project more interesting than he initially expected and "not just for hippy-dippy types." He's a fan of the paint job and likes the sparkly/metallic parts :)

In other news, we had a midwifery appointment today and while I was feeling pretty pissy due to more Facebook "any baby yet?" nags I felt a lot better hearing that baby was in a better position and a bit lower this week.

Still day-by-day, anybody's guess when baby will arrive!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have done something like that with my pregnancies. You have done a great job.

    I won't ask "any baby yet", but I am standing my guess of Boy. February 26. 8lbs, 9 oz.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF