Thursday, April 30, 2015

I Believe dem Hormones be Settlin'

For the past few weeks I have been feeling a bit broody and thinking about baby number two a lot. Not quite baby fever, I haven't been inspired to attack my husband or anything, but definitely feeling a little crazy and dwelling on the idea of getting pregnant again.

The last couple days seem to have turned the tide for me! Baby has been fussy and difficult (well, compared to the "easy" baby I had last week) and I've been too busy and tired to think about another baby. I suspected that my desire to have another baby so soon was the result of hormones or a postpartum high. Now I'm feeling more sane and in touch with reality ;)

Also on my mind has been my best friend, or more accurately my old best friend, my no longer friend best friend. It's been 2 months since I heard from her, I've deleted her family from my FB friends, and I think we're going our separate ways.

Things had been on a downward trajectory for quite a while and after that horrible visit in October I haven't felt like I get anything out of the relationship but an energy drain and anxiety. After many chats with the hubby I decided to give his distancing technique a try, taking longer and longer to respond to texts and only responding with short, noncommittal texts.

Though my intent was to end the relationship and move on, it still feels sad. Though she wasn't much of a friend I liked being able to say I had a friend. Maybe it's time to reframe my idea of friend versus acquaintance? It could simply be that my expectations are too high...

Anyways, back to today and taking care of Baby. Trying some new nursing regimen to try and deal with his fussiness-we may have been suffering from an oversupply issue without knowing it! Hoping the rest of the week goes smoother and we can figure it out :) 


2 comments:

  1. Friendships can be a strange thing. We feel a need to stay friends with people way past the stage where the friendship no longer works. We grow and change all throughout life and it is not unusual for our friends to change as well. It isn't a bad thing. It is just life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF