Saturday, April 25, 2015

Love This Man

Headed down south for a family visit (sister's birthday dinner and we decided to add on stuff to trip that we wanted to do-fishing for Hubbo and visiting old friend for me).

Still struggling with some anger, especially as I anticipate seeing my sister and talking with my mom (probably about my sister). Thankfully the hubster is understanding and not quite sick of my dwelling on the subject, in fact he seems to be right there with me-just less emotionally entangled. He summed it all up in a helpful way:

I've said it and I'll say it again, your sister has pooped the punch bowl. Everyone was happy, enjoying our new baby and having a party and then she upped and pooped the punch bowl. It's normal to be angry bout someone pooping the punch bowl!

Amen.

I'll get over it eventually, but for now I'm just gonna be frustrated about this floater in our lives. Feels unproductive and out of my comfort zone but that makes me think I just might need to sit with the feelings for a bit and try something new, AKA allowing myself to feel instead of bottling it all up.

So here we go, family visit time once again....

1 comment:

  1. This is a great opportunity to step back just a little. See how it feels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF