Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Firsts

Sunday was my first Mother's Day. The hubbo made me waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, gave me tulips, a ring, a card, and took me down to Pacific Science Center to see the Pompeii exhibit. It was a beautiful day and we hung out in Seattle Center for lunch. It was pretty crowded and we carried Baby in a front pack the entire time so we got pretty wore out. Later the evening involved a lot of couch time and resting!

Today was another first, going for a visit at a friend's house with another new mother. It was awesome! We all were busy taking care of our respective babes but it was nice to nurse, burp, change diapers, do tummy time, and soothe babies all together and chat about our births and motherhood all at the same time. It was a great visit and a change of pace, I really hope we get to do it again.

One baby was almost 3 1/2 months, one nearly 3 months, and one 2 1/2 months-the other mom that I hadn't really met yet remarked how great it was to really process and talk about the birth with other moms and I totally agree. We all had different experiences, well they both had inductions that ended up as c-sections but for different reasons and in different journeys, but we all seemed to connect on a new motherhood level that was really great.

Otherwise I've been dealing with some anxiety and feeling insecure, I've been feeling bad about my weight and wanting to get in shape while also understanding the limitations of my energy and time... I still feel anxious about my mother and sister and the pregnancy but I'm starting to feel more resolved in distancing myself and feeling better about it all.

I guess all the particulars don't interest me as much as just being aware that I haven't been mindful and focused on my well being of late and the distractions and stress of life are wearing on me. It's temporary and I'll get back into my better habits and feel better soon, it just takes some time...

2 comments:

  1. I had my baby 17 1/2 years ago and still haven't taken off the baby weight. It looks like it is here to stay! meh

    I am glad you have other moms to hang with. It helps to feel more normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I gots da Bipolar weight to lose not baby weight.... I was actually lighter 3 days postpartum than I was when I got preggers in the first place! I think I've been feeling like I should be back to how I was (feeling fit and eating well) before getting pregnant but a lot happened in this past year to change things! Been a rough few days, I think I'm gonna chalk it up to that and hope a few days from now things will be better.

    Thanks for reading and commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF