Saturday, August 1, 2015

Laughter

So the hubster and I are rewatching Star Trek: The Original Series and we just watched the episode "Arena" where Kirk fights the Gorn. For whatever reason, while I was folding diapers, I began trying to come up with a knock-knock joke using "Gorn."

The hubs was sitting in the glider rocking baby to sleep and I was folding diapers, silently working on a joke in my mind when I thought of something so ridiculous I started spluttering in laughter aloud-to which the hubs hissed "QUIET" and I tried to muffle my giggles and explain.

"QUIET." He hissed and then whispered, "What?"

"I'm trying to come up with a knock-knock joke about Gorns and what I came up with so far is so stupid, I can't stop laughing." I blinked back some tears and continued once my giggles had subsided, "Here, I'll tell you. Like a knock-knock joke, right? 'Knock, knock.'"

"Gorn?"

I start laughing even harder and tears completely blur my vision. Leave it to the hubbo to totally turn a knock-knock joke on its head!

"No. No..." I gasped.

"Oh. Uh, 'who's there?' Yeah." He stared at me, still rocking our son sleep as I continued laugh-crying at a muted volume.

"I peed on your lawn." I say, laughing harder as tears globbed on my cheeks before falling to the carpet.

"What?" He asked, shocked and almost angry as if he had a lawn to be peed on, "Why?"

I was in fits.

"No, no. You say, 'I peed on your lawn, who?' Ya know?" I barely managed to get this out before more tears and laughs.

"What the hell?" He shook his head. "Fine, 'I peed on your lawn, who?'"

"Whatcha Gorn-a do about it?" I spluttered, laughing and crying as I bent over, slapping my shins in near hysterics.

He grinned and shook his head as I turned back to my diapers and cloth wipes.

Totally ridiculous but there you have it.



Knock, knock.

Who's there?

I peed on your lawn.

I peed on your lawn, who?

Whatcha Gorn-a do about it?



Oh my....

7 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, Hannah, and I have fits of laughter like that with tears rolling down my cheeks. Doesn't it feel great to have a good laugh! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious, Hannah, and I have fits of laughter like that with tears rolling down my cheeks. Doesn't it feel great to have a good laugh! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it.
    At least the lawn got watered...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I almost peed my pants reading this...LOL!

    And then, I pictured Baby bananaface asking you at some later point in his life why he could not just pee on the lawn...Strange brain, but hey, laughing is good. I don't really know where the things that pop in my brain come from but at least they aren't boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! At least it got watered! Totally. I've already imagined the hubs teaching Baby Bananaface "the proper way to pee outdoors" and I remember my brother running to the back fence when I used to play outside with the sibs. I've always been a little jealous of boys in that way! But imagining a lady, a grown up Momma, squatting in a dried out crusty lawn... It just got me going haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when things just hit you funny and you can laugh like that. I still laugh at , A horse went into a bar. The bartender says, "Why the long face?"

    hahhahahhahahhahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read one today, A grasshopper walks into a bar and the bartender says, "We got a drink named after you!" and the grasshopper says, "You got a drink named Steve?" Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF