Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I DO NOT LIKE MARASCHINO CHERRIES

***WHINE ALERT***

Today. Oy. I'm exhausted, I'm in pain and I am not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow to haul my ass down to Bellevue for outpatient (yep, I'm in, had my intake marathon appointment today).

So those aches I thought were my anxiety hangover yesterday? They only got worse. Last night was awful, tossing and turning with my heating pad on all night fighting chills and aches. This morning and all day I've had some of the worst headaches of my life.

I thought flu. Great. How am I supposed to do outpatient with the flu?

Then I noticed my boob was horribly tender.

Aha! Mastitis!

It's sucks butt. I have never felt my body so achy so fast, even worse than the swine flu. And to boot I have a huge new bottle of pills to take 4x a day for 10 days that may or may not give me or the babe diarrhea. Whoopee! Just what I need to spice up life, right? Pills pills pills. At least I should feel better. I'm just so wore out with all this "get better" stuff on top of "get better" stuff, need more "just be" and "I'm actually good right now."

Yeah. I was sure a happy camper at urgent care.

The hubs called the new pills "Star Treky" due to the
cool turquoise color.


Not the sort of "cherry on top" that I needed to my hard times. Not at all...

Not quite sure how I'll manage to get to outpatient by 8:30 AM and pump often enough to keep the mastitis duct from plugging and take all my pills and eat enough and get better enough to be on my own in a couple weeks... but I have to stop thinking of all that and just do it. One foot in front of the other, baby steps.

Here goes. *pouty face*

13 comments:

  1. Yeppers. One foot in front of the other. Baby steps, are good steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels like a gimpy zombie shuffle but inch by wretched inch I slug forth.

      Delete
    2. You keep slugging forth, girl. Don't stop. Not ever.

      Delete
  2. I had just the beginning of mastitis once and it was hell. I hope it passes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still plugged and still hurtin but hurtin a bit less... :(

      Delete
  3. Time does heal...I know this sounds mundane but not just one day at a time, one moment, one hour....hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, just gotta get beyond my mind's cruel distortions that lead me to believe otherwise!

      Delete
  4. Any step forward, no matter how tiny, is good.
    And we have your back, and are cheering from behind.
    Good luck. And good management.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...your whining is justified! :) Hope you're feeling better quickly, girl! And yet...through it all...you still maintain a sense of humour. That is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, and through all this I detect humor...Did they recommend compresses? I hope this doesn't linger...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The urgent care doc just recommended heat but I had seen a lactation consultant for a chronic plugged duct (the same duct that got infected this time) and she recommended castor oil compresses and alternating heat and ice, so I'm trying to pull out all the tricks with what little oomph I have left! Hoping it pays off and things turn around soon. Thanks for the support and encouragement :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF