Monday, October 5, 2015

A Good Read.

I love Brene Brown. She is a hero of mine and I'm sad to say I haven't read her past two books because of this damned funk I've been in  (read depression).

But I happened across her on the interbutts and found this post that really spoke to me.

I hope to read "Daring Greatly" and "Rising Strong" soon.



In other news, I saw the lactation consultant this morning and she recommended formula for the night feedings, laying off the pumping and letting my boobs regulate to just nursing during the day. It's a weight off my shoulders, a little mourning in my heart, but overall I think the right direction for my family right now.

5 comments:

  1. I am teetering on the space between sadness/overwhelm and depression and just the first few words of that article brought tears to my eyes. Maybe later.

    Yes, formula at night sounds like a great idea. It will actually help him sleep through the night a lot longer as well. Blessed sleep for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a very rare baby in that I slept right through the night, and, as far as I know, the only baby who slept through the night without any feedings. Formula for night feedings sounds like a wise choice, Hannah. Sending you a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that post and winced. I wear some of those creativity scars. Ugly and disfiguring.
    Formula at night sounds wonderful. And means that someone else can feed him if by some miracle you are getting a good sleep. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great plan for you and your baby. Remember, mama needs to be taken care of, too, so she can be able to take care of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool plan for you and you're baby. Just like Martha said, you gotta take care of you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF