Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Can't Sleep-So... Cheesecake.

I should be sleeping but I'm not. Heard the rain and decided to get outta bed (I was just lying there twiddling my toes and scanning FB on my phone, yuck) grabbed my robe and slippers and sat on the balcony. Love sitting and watching the rain.

Anyway. The cheesecake. Baked it Tuesday, chilled it overnight, put on the fudgy topping today, chilled, and then had the big reveal this evening. Hubs was impressed. Hell, I was impressed!

Oh that fudgey topping. So lovely!

Cross section turned out pretty well though I was
confused and concerned trying to bake it correctly.

The hubs soldiering through his last rich bites. Also featured, some
disappointing digestives. Stickin' with the LUs I like even if they are
difficult to track down at the market! Tangent done.

Good news, the cheesecake turned out well. Bad news, the cheesecake turned out so well that we now have a standard that excludes the convenient yet not-so-tasty store cheesecakes from our menu. Thankfully we have The Cheesecake Factory handy for any acute cravings when I'm not feeling up to making this labor intensive baked good.... which will be quite often. ;)

9 comments:

  1. It looks really good, Hannah! I can't sleep, either! Sending you a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the rain. The sound, and the smell of rain-washed ground.
    I am carefully not looking at the cheesecake. The sneak peek looked really, really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks amazing! Do you have any left? It wouldn't last long around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we have some left and some in the freezer-it is soooo rich we can only eat wittle slices at a time (not like those big slices above!). Now if it were a chocolate cake.... different matter entirely. *poof*

      Delete
  4. Love the rain, too. Dessert looks gooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dreaming about warm chocolate cake in a bowl covered in vanilla ice cream.
    Your creation looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream is divine! One of my favorite desserts of all time!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Oh no, though it probably tinted my breast milk with chocolate-esque! I think all the cocoa is what kept me up actually.... I have been depriving myself of caffeine and so the chocolate had a bigger kick than usual methinks.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF