Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Wet Wednesday Outing

I want to do weekly outings every Wednesday to make sure I'm seeing new places and doing new things. This week was my first "Wednesday Outing" and I decided to explore a part of the North Creek Trail system I had yet to trek.




It was raining steadily the entire 45 minutes or so I wandered the boardwalks, some of which floated and moved under me where the water was really high. I enjoyed the sound of the rain and the flowing water, although there was a moment or two when I imagined the boardwalks breaking up or sinking-a little anxiety moment or two but it didn't take long to get my breathing calmed down. Baby slept for the most part and just got a little wet around the edges, seems like I might need to get the big old plastic stroller condom rain shield thing after all.. grumble grumble.





And a lovely RIP to the banana bread... you were delicious.


15 comments:

  1. I love snails. I know they eat gardens but they are just so damn cute! When I find them in my yard I have a Snail Relocation Program. I take them across the street to a park so they can live out their lives doing snail things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your SRP, I wonder if I will do something similar when I have a garden someday or just let them munch... Hmm. Depends. Maybe I will have one honorary snail of da garden and then ship the rest out :)

      Delete
  2. Love the snail photo. Well done.

    Very funny about the RIP to the banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got talent. Writing, photography and I'm guessing much more.

      Delete
  3. Loved walking with you. Loved the snail, envied the rain and am still smiling at the stroller condom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a functional thing but I just hate the idea of being "that girl" with the stroller condom.... but with my taste for rain it's just gonna have to be. Glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  4. Nice snail shot! Like Birdie, I like them, too. They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how snails ended up being so cute to me, it's nice to know I'm not alone :) All hail the cute snails!

      Delete
  5. Love your photos, Hannah! I love rain photos and I love snails...and yes, banana bread, too, so your photos have made my day. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad, so glad :) Snails are just so lovely! I'm definitely part of the snail fan club!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. A nice change of pace, huh? Today was rough, but I feel a little better looking back at this post... :)

      Delete
  7. Getting out and about is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, yet so easy to confine ourselves to the house! I'm glad I got out :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF