Sunday, October 4, 2015

Some Firsts

Yesterday was a busy Saturday for us.

It started off pretty shitty. I was angry, very angry, and then nauseated and snappy. Not very good. I read a little from "Feeling Good" (CBT book I have yet to really start to read) and it helped me get my anger under control. I popped an Ativan and sat on the sunny balcony until the nausea and anger subsided and then we undertook our plans for that day.... our first family hike.

We hit up Lime Kiln out in Granite Falls. Pretty easy little hike but enjoyable. Baby Bananaface did very well, napping most of the way!




Next up, I got an odd urge to check out the Lake Stevens Target. It was odd because we do not like this store, last time we were there it was extremely creepy, dim, and very.... red neck. Put us ill at ease. This time it was a better atmosphere and we didn't get the vague "shooting waiting to happen" vibe AND we found a good deal on a high chair (another one of our weekend goals). 

Soooooo.... B.B. had his first experience with baby cereal. He's a fan. Almost too enthusiastic-he couldn't stand relinquishing his spoon for refills!




I see the lactation consultant again tomorrow. I'm not sure exactly how that will go but I need help balancing breastfeeding with my mental health.

Today (so far) I cleaned up the kitchen, plan on doing laundry and making banana bread, and I got a chance to drink from my new "special" mug and work in my DBT workbook that the hubs got me (all while sitting on my balcony enjoying the sun and birds).


My new mug-they're affirmations! I try to say them
to myself with each sip :) They had others too, but this
seemed most appropriate for me right now. Found it
at my local bookstore. 
Whew. Not even noon and it feels like a full day. I think I will have a few good rest and relax breaks as I'm more active-and the hubs is on me about not pushing it too so that helps.

11 comments:

  1. Some real pluses.
    Love that mug, love your final sentence, and BB is just beautiful. I understand the first time I was given cereal I blew it everywhere. Pursed my lips and just blew. And then laughed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! He had his second cereal meal tonight and he was voracious. Thankfully I've caught on that he needs distraction to transition between activities and sang him out of his meal and we skipped the "BUT WHERE HAS ALL THE CEREAL GONE" crisis ;)

      Delete
  2. I am glad you got over your anger, Hannah, and your photos are lovely! Banana bread...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banana bread turned out splendidly, the hubs and I promptly devoured half of it!

      Delete
  3. Do you say them as you're sipping and if so, how do you keep the sips from dribblin' down your chin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Whisky that makes me smile! Reminds me of my dad saying "Poof! You're a sandwich" when I'd say, "Can you make me a sandwich?"

      I usually just say the mantras in my head but sometimes, if I'm really struggling I will whisper them above the cup right before I sip and I can feel the warmth of the coffee (decaf) rising to meet my breaths :)

      And yes, I just thought "breasts" when I wrote that.... Anyone else?

      Delete
    2. Glad to give you a smile. I was smiling when I wrote it so happy smiles, all about on that one.

      Delete
  4. Are you talking about the David Burns book? I found it WAY TOO MUCH. The book is heavy and thick and it doesn't work when my brain is heavy and thick. It is a book that I have no doubt helps but I have never been able to get through it. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't begun formally reading it yet, so we'll see if I can make it through. Though it does look like the "Les Miserables" of the self-help genre. The few pages I read were very helpful and I enjoyed the cursing, so maybe it'll work for me? And hell, if I can't read it cover to cover I'll at least get use outta it! Already have! You can too :)

      Delete
  5. You have the loveliest family. And that baby of yours is the cutest little thing. What a great mug. Perfect wording.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF