Sunday, November 29, 2015

I believe in laxatives, not miracles

Yes. It has happened. I pooped! and it wasn't the horrible experience that last week's BM was either (bonus). I think not quite going an entire week between movements paid dividends.

I took a "gentle, overnight laxative" last night before realizing it wasn't simply stool softener (not supposed to use laxatives while breastfeeding apparently) and it was just that; gentle, overnight, a couple gravely rumbles but not gut wrenching cramps and then this morning: voila!

Praise aside, I don't want to use it again if I can help it. Baby Bananaface hasn't erupted yet but I'd rather avoid the possibility and I prefer to take care of things with diet, fiber supplementation, and exercise... but I am relieved and pleased.

The war is still on and I will be regular again *angrily shakes fist* The hubs and I are considering my constipation a top priority since if affects so many other things, possibly my mood the most. We think it was the anti-nausea meds (we hope) otherwise we get to figure out which psychiatric script it is and that could be a pain in the... well, you know.

Typing of, my mood has been a weird up and down combo. I've felt overstimulated and "up" and had difficulty sleeping but also feel a bit sad going into the holidays with family stress. I'm coming to a point where I'm ready to focus on sticking in the now as much as possible and letting go of things instead of trying to grapple with every emotional wave and conquer it completely. A tall order for me, but I'm weary.

Today we head to the mall to foist our snotty child on a stranger who resembles Santa for some *hopefully* cute pictures. This is not a tradition in either of our families but I didn't want to regret not having a picture of BB's first Christmas picture with Santa, so we are playing it safe. We'll see how it goes!

Oh, and I'm feeling just about 100% better physically after my second bout of flu, just dealing with a runny nose. *knocks on wood*


Our couple's quote for the day:

The hubs chuckled this morning: "We don't have a Bible in this house, we have a dictionary in this house."

And I happily chirped: "Amen!"


Not entirely sure how poop and faith got mixed up in this post, but there ya have it. ;)

9 comments:

  1. Hooray (on this occasion) for crap.
    Only one dictionary? We have multiples. One sits beside each of our chairs and there are others in various bookcases. No bible though. I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we used to have more but before I was treating my Bipolar II I would get hypomanic and purge stuff to Goodwill and "excess" books were one such purge. There are quite a few I miss....

      Delete
  2. Did you see those shirts that read, I POOPED! So funny.

    Yes, the backup due to not pooping can bring on allll kinds of issues, including mood-related. Glad you found something gentle. And the more you work on your new goals, hopefully the better you'll poop.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whisk! I have seen those shirts for babies not for grown ups though. I think one that said "yeah, that was me" with a stinker cloud would be good too.

      Hoping I can stay focused and see some positive change soon :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. You already are changing for the positive.

      I think I saw the adult ones at Cafe Press. But I am not sure. I told Hubby earlier today that I would totally wear that shirt.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Let's hear it for poop!!! LOL! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this? Nothing like a good poop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF