Monday, November 16, 2015

Unexpected Weekend

Unexpected weekend development early Sunday morning: I started barfing. I started barfing at 3 am and I barfed four more times before we went to urgent care and got me some anti-nausea meds that are delightfully fast acting and fleetingly tasty and then gritty and a tad too strong on the cherry flavor.

Barfing is one thing, but the constant nausea is what gets me. We are not sure what I did or what I ate but we don't believe it's the stomach flu and I very much hope that none of the boys get sick. I don't even want to fathom a barf filled crib especially when I feel so bad myself.

I am recovering and working back up to eating like a normal person though for now my diet is pretty restricted and just getting enough water is a challenge as I feel sick and don't want to eat or drink anything. My psychiatrist informed me that the dehydration from all the barfing and not drinking/eating probably threw my lithium levels off and concentrated it in my system = more nausea and tremors and confusion. Just a cherry on my cherry prescription and barf flavored sundae!

Oh, and of course I got the face mask walk-in clinic pictures! I know you were worried there for a sec ;)

Yes. A bit creepy.
The "barf bag" I didn't have to use but
pondered at how to open-it wasn't
as easy as I thought it should be!


 Therapy was good this morning even though I was having a hard time focusing. Basically, the goal is to back away from my family for a bit, build up my self-defense skills and validate my feelings and opinions so I can push back and protect my boundaries around my family when I return to the fray.

As such, our solo Christmas plans are just what the doctor therapist ordered and even though the hubs wanted to completely snub my family as far as Christmas gifts, I said we had to send a box of something and my therapist agreed. Not had to but it would be wise. Setting boundaries and stirring up shit ain't declaring all out war and being a total bitch just to be a bitch. Ya know? And they are my family and I love them, and in my family presents = love. Not the love I need lately but moving on....

Other end of last week/weekend developments:

Bored baby.

Seriously hoarder/dumpster diver neighbor
getting moved out (we think, or just reset?) by a slew
of people that could be family or otherwise. A little noisy
with them throwing junk off the balcony all day.
Days and days....

I "lost" my hat at the mall, or so I thought,
was very glad when I found it trapped in the collapsed
stroller in the trunk!
Ugh. Gonna try some dinner.

18 comments:

  1. Not good on the barfing. Food poisoning? But excellent on setting boundaries! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we think but may never know for sure.... Got to the point where I just didn't care about barfing again and again!

      Delete
  2. Hope your nre boundaries work for you. Sorry about the barf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Boundaries and me.... it's a tough relationship. We'll see what happens!

      Delete
    2. I hope you find a way to not let those xmas stresses get to you.

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, yes, the constant nausea. I'm so sorry about that. It's the worst!

    And wonderful about the boundaries! That is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm nearly through the sickness, now to dispense with the Christmas anxiety triggers and feelin' better!

      Delete
  4. Good for you on the family holiday and gifts issue...I hope you can rest and feel better quickly. Baby Banana face looks like he's busy with that pacifier...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e, he definitely goes to town on that binky when he's teething (which is quite often lately!)

      Delete
  5. I am sorry you were sick, Hannah! I am concerned about the amount of times you vomited, but it may just be something that was in your system that your body needed to clear out. Sometimes it is good to distance ourselves from things or people. Sending you a warm hug and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the boundaries.
    Hiss on spit on being a barfomatic. I hope it is gone by now.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be nearly gone, though today there was some nausea and lots of chicken noodle type soup!

      Delete
  7. O yes, why not? Like you needed this 'looking for Ralph' (other word for barfing) and a trip to the ER.
    I am concerned about your lithium though. Has your psychiatrist offer to have frequent blood levels tests?
    And what's that little face on the barfing bag? A tiny lamb?
    love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny lamb! Scary lamb it would be ;) It's a biohazard sign, unless you're looking at something else?

      I got in contact with my doc about the levels and we need at least 5 consecutive doses to get a level, and I start taking my regular dose again tonight so next week I get a level check again.

      It is concerning and annoying, I got the tremors and have felt cotton headed due to dehydration and the levels going off while I was sick... but I think the meds do help level my mood, just got me leveled out a bit low. We shall see what sticks..

      Delete
    2. that redish bag you are holding in front of you. I see a cute little face with drooping ears... a tiny lamb! (or do you think I need to have MY meds checked? LOL)

      Delete
  8. And where did you get that awesome hat? I LOVE crows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. North Cascades National Park, technically they called it a raven but I think it could pass for a crow. I had one crow sidle up to me today in a parking lot, poor guy looked pretty old and pretty "over" all the wind and rain we're getting today but I was sure dazzled by his visit. Unless he had rabies or was trying to kill me in some weird crow way.... Anyways. NCNP! Thought we were gonna be headed back there to get me another hat!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF