Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

What a day! A super long day.... It all started around 6:00 AM when the baby got up and the hubs started shaving and chopping potatoes for me so I could make my scalloped potatoes for the Easter food thing. 


I nearly had a panic attack in the middle of it as I thought of sharing my small victory (cooking something) with my secret FB group from the ward. I got so nervous and self conscious and confused if it was appropriate or not I started to panic BUT I used my DBT skills and was able to hush the panic before the light-headedness or creepy smell or tingly tingles! It was doubly proud then and I did post to the FB group with the extra "GO ME!" of conquering a panic moment :)

The hubster was very excited for me.... and the potatoes. They were a hit and we didn't have to bring any leftovers home *score*

The Easter visit to my folks' house (where my sister and her child are living as well) went pretty well, though I was quite exhausted and overwhelmed by the time we left. My nephew cried A LOT, and I'm talking we were thinking he might have colic. There were a few rare quiet moments but not enough to keep me un-stressed and unconcerned... anyways. Pictures time!


Awkward family photos with blue bunny ears. Of course!


 On the hunt with Grandpa and Grandma (my folks) and Daddy.







 The first egg had puffs in it and he offered me one so I had to try it... not the best (sweet potato I think) but he ate the rest!


Baby Bananaface passed out in his cousin's bouncy thing WITH THE TECHNO MUSIC BLASTING! It was crazy, but pretty much captures how tired we all were with our epic Easter Saturday.


I wish we had pictures of playing catch with the softball. My abs were sore that night and this morning! I sweat, was pretty uncomfortable with my fat roll and tight jeans, and missed my fair share of catches but it was a lot of fun and really nice to actually have a chat with my sister (she got to share her birth story with me, night and day compared to mine and I felt sorry for her but it was 'successful' if sadly conventional, at least now she knows what the doctors meant when they told her '3' about her tear, ugh pisses me off how women are treated in hospital when it comes to birth-speaking generally of course). 

Also got to play with my dad and the hubs, which was fun and it felt so good to hear my dad tell me "Good job" but boy the poor hubs has a lot of practicing to do! W O W it was rough. He looks all rugged and manly and stuff but I forget he ain't so sporty (thank goodness, really, I ain't so much either and I need the tech support something silly).

The way home I had to take an anti-anxiety tablet and thank goodness for good ole Starbucks for a little sugar boost, but I had a marvelous night's sleep last night and am feeling back to good, mostly today-except for this damned runny nose.

I'm gonna say success. I had moments of feeling close and connected with my family and then I had horrendous anxiety and sadness thinking about my nephew and my parents and.... that's a whole other post. I'll dump my worries some other day!

For now, Happy Easter, whatever that means to you :) Enjoy this Sunday and hopefully something delicious (we had ham, pretzel rolls, my scalloped potatoes, asparagus, corn, and the ugliest "bunny" cake my sister and mom could find haha) and enjoy your family and/or friends if you can. To me, that's what holidays are all about! and then the whole "meaning" behind the .... WHATEVER! I'm logging off, I can't stop babblin!

Hugs to all, be well.

:)

11 comments:

  1. I love all your photos, Hannah! Sending you warm hugs and much love. Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! and Happy Easter to you :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE your photos.
    Family gatherings can be (often are for me) overwhelming. Well done you - and a very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, hope you had a nice Easter as well, glad you enjoyed the photos! We have fun taking them for the most part ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, such fun images! Look like a really good day. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Martha :) I actually felt like the old me for a few moments in there, it was wonderful!

      Delete
  4. The little man is looking extra handsome in his Easter clothes. You are doing so well and I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am trying, and then trying not to try too hard to avoid backsliding haha it's such a balance, right? Glad you like Bubba's outfit, we started out with "I think chinos and a vest would be cute" and went from there. Tougher to find in the stores than we thought!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your photos. I'm glad you had a nice holiday. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hope you had a nice holiday as well!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF