Sunday, March 6, 2016

Words for Wednesday-on Sunday-Thanks EC :)

This weeks prompts were:

  1. Seek
  2. Connect
  3. Enhance
  4. Energetic
  5. Instrument
  6. Far

And/or      


  1. Perception
  2. Flame
  3. Guide
  4. Peaceful
  5. Thyme
  6. Able

I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to write something anyways! Not quite sure how but the words inspired me to recreate a story from my youth orchestra days :)




The large banana shaped magnet connected to Bryan's cheek, his grin and wink enhancing the quirky confusion of his appearance. 

"How the hell did you get that magnet attached to your face?" asked Meg as she and the other woodwinds stared at Bryan's face as he added a large plastic strawberry to his cheek beside the banana.  "What is this, Jamba Juice?"

"I told you I had an accident when I was younger. This side of my face is packed with BBs! Well not packed... but enough to hold up a few magnets." Bryan smiled and peacefully bounced his head up and down to show the magnets wiggling and clinging to this face. 

"Doesn't it hurt?" Diana asked, while rearranging her sheet music for the next piece. Her perceptive, concerned look flicked between Bryan and the music. "Is it going to leave a mark?"

"I certainly feel it, but it usually doesn't leave more than a little red mark for a few minutes." Bryan smirked, "I've been wondering if I'd be able to play with the magnets attached, so this next Tchaikovsky might get a little fruity." He snickered and brought his instrument to his mouth, smiling as Diana rolled her eyes. He warmed his trumpet's mouthpiece as the director readied the orchestra and bit back a chuckle as the conductor eyed Bryan's fruitful facade.

"Bryan, I sure hope the fruit don't throw you too far off 1st trumpet-" The director shook his head as he surveyed the magnets in the rear row, "-or attract any squirrels or raccoons for that matter."

"No worries Mr. Grayson," Bryan brayed energetically, "I know how to defend myself from those devious rodents." 

"Of course you've had to defend yourself before from tiny, toothed attackers." Timothy flamed as he guided his clarinet carefully to its stand and excused himself to slink away to the bathrooms and soda machines down the hall.

"Only Tim could make me wish I had a raccoon handy at the moment..." Bryan growled. Meg playfully boxed his shoulder as they prepared for the next piece, laughing at Bryan's desire for an attack raccoon and grinning at his grumpy stares toward the hallway.

"I can't magically provide the raccoon that you seek but I'll bet you a root beer you can't keep that banana on through this next piece!" Diana smiled widely and put out her hand, "Shake on it?"

"You are on!" Bryan crowed, shaking her hand and smiling brightly as Mr. Grayson tapped his baton against the stand. "Let's do this!"


 

Couldn't figure out that "thyme" word but I'm okay with that, this one was quite the challenge (mess) and I'm glad to finish it!

Hiked today with the hubs, dog, and kiddo using the hiking pack/carrier for Baby Bananaface. We are a little sore and definitely got wet, but had a good time :) Hope everyone had a good weekend. 





2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun.
    I love the very different directions this week's words took you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF