Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D is for Drawing #atozchallenge



This post is part of my first year doing the A to Z Challenge and I happen to be writing under the theme Gratitude: The Things That Keep Me Alive. This is a relevant theme for me as I am struggling with postpartum depression, and also have diagnosed anxiety and bipolar II (just to let you know what's going on with me-it might be pertinent as you read the post below). Thank you for stopping by and reading my post!


D is for drawing because drawing is something that not only helps quiet my mind, it helps build my self confidence (which is generally down near the Marianas Trench). Drawing is a way I can help others as well as I way I can express myself, whether that be my feelings or opinions. 

Here is a recent exercise in calming myself:



In fact, writing this post reminds me of the first time I met my husband in-person (we were matched on eHarmony and dated online for a bit before meeting up) and I brought him a tri-fold comic wishing him good luck during his hike and trail repair volunteer work that weekend. 

I had decided through some odd Hannah-logic that if he enjoyed and accepted my expression of good will that he would be worth getting to know-as if an hours long lunch date with meandering and chatting in the rain followed by a lingering goodbye didn't bode well in itself!

Drawing is an important part of my life, an important part of me staying mentally well, and as I think of my future of as a mother and wife, I see it continuing to be important. As one of the few things I actually feel pride about, hot dog-it's important!

9 comments:

  1. Your Drawings are Divine. And as someone who has not ten thumbs, but ten big toes to Draw with I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha what an image! Thank you EC, I appreciate the compliment <3

      Delete
  2. You are wonderfully, talented! Your artwork is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I feel down on myself that I can't put things together on the computer (I'm no whiz at photoshop or something) but then I remember, "Just grab a pencil, you boob!" and I can usually get what I need from good ole pencil & paper (or pen & paper). :O)

      Delete
  3. WOW!! Your drawing is amazing...

    I'm an art lover through and though, but I'm usually on the observing side of it, rather than the creating side. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willow! We all have our talents, just in different places :)

      Delete
  4. Your drawings are amazing. I am with E.C. and have no talent at all in this area so I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF