Wednesday, April 6, 2016

E is for Entertainment #atozchallenge

This post is part of my first year doing the A to Z Challenge and I happen to be writing under the theme Gratitude: The Things That Keep Me Alive. This is a relevant theme for me as I am struggling with postpartum depression, and also have diagnosed anxiety and bipolar II (just to let you know what's going on with me-it might be pertinent as you read the post below). Thank you for stopping by and reading my post!


E is for entertainment is vague but that's just how it's going to be, folks. 

By entertainment I mean TV shows, coloring books, reading books, watching the hummingbirds visit our feeder, watching any bird really, laughing at whatever funny thing Bubba does, even laughing with the hubs over whatever goofy comment one of us makes or silly thing we notice. There are a lot of different sources of entertainment that help get me through the day and get me going in the morning or keep me interested in sticking around for more days.

That is a sad thing to think, that sometimes it's not about my family or friends or loved ones, it's just about rewatching another season of "Alpha House" or baking some cookies just to see if I can remember the recipe from my head or feeding some hummingbirds, but that's how it is sometimes when you have depression or bipolar or other disorders, I'm sure. 

And anyways, even if you are disorder free (congratulations), entertainment certainly makes life more liveable, dunnit it? Not to mention the jobs created... anyways. 

I'm grateful for entertainment and I'm grateful for all the happy memories I have of sharing entertaining moments with my husband, my son, my family, my friends, my blogging buddies, and even strangers! 

Entertainment is more than getting through the rough patches, it's helping avoid the rough patches and keeping a healthy lifestyle rolling-so with that in mind, I hope you, reader, are entertained today (it's a good bet something will pleasure you) and I hope you take notice and mindfully appreciate that moment. 

Enjoy your entertainment! and be well :o)


9 comments:

  1. What an Elegant way of reminding us to appreciate fun wherever we find it.
    And the little things are huge in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Little things are vital, yes <3

      Delete
  2. Entertainment is a great choice for 'E'. We all need a little of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! It felt a little goofy as a selection, but entertainment sure is important :)

      Delete
  3. What a super happy positive piece of writing. Well done!
    @fparkerswords
    Frank Parker’s Author Site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank! and thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Finding things to be grateful for is a great defense mechanism against life's darkest places. I will be holding peaceful thoughts in my heart for you. And, if you're inclined, I've got entertainment all month over at my place. =)

    Boldly Going Through the Alphabet!
    @shanjeniah
    Part-Time Minion for Holton's Heroes
    shanjeniah's Lovely Chaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :o) and thank you for reading and commenting, I appreciate it!

      PS The hubs and I like Voyager too!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF