Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for Virtual Friends #atozochallenge

This post is part of my first year doing the A to Z Challenge and I happen to be writing under the theme Gratitude: The Things That Keep Me Alive. This is a relevant theme for me as I am struggling with postpartum depression, and also have diagnosed anxiety and bipolar II (just to let you know what's going on with me-it might be pertinent as you read the post below). Thank you for stopping by and reading my post!


V is for virtual friends, and I don't mean to be insulting here, but V is for virtual friends because I have more people that I feel are my friends online and in the "virtual world" than I do in real life. Or, if not more, it's a very close race.

I don't mean to say that these friends are not "real" I just mean to say they're in my lappy, in the interwebs, for me they exist in pixels. I know you all (and my friends from other locales) live real lives and actually, truly exist (at least I'm pretty dang sure) and I'm very grateful that you exist-in the real world and in the virtual world.

My virtual friends provide a source of support that I simply don't have in real life and my virtual friends are accepting of me in my most honest and genuine form (next to the me that my husband gets to know, but I think that's fair). I've felt pretty down at many points along this blog's lifespan and my virtual friends have accepted and supported me regardless. I appreciate that more than I even grasp right now. It's a big deal-sometimes too big for my addled brain to comprehend.

Thank you, my friends. I call you my "bloggin' buddies," my husband knows some of you by name (BTW Birdie, he's been asking after you and is excited about your dishtowels, he hopes you are doing well), and when something good or something bad happens in my life my blog is almost always the first stop to share the story because I feel safest here-and that's due in large part to you all.

I'm so glad to "know" you and I appreciate your place in my life very, very much. Thank you!


3 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean Hannah. You are very much a support for others too. Thank you for helping to make this virtual world a kind place to process out loud. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear it :o) Glad I am part of making the virtual world friendlier! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! And I'm glad to know you, Hannah. We do exist in real life; at least I think so! And if we don't, then we're all having the same hallucinations of good people :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF