Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W is for The Web #atozchallenge

This post is part of my first year doing the A to Z Challenge and I happen to be writing under the theme Gratitude: The Things That Keep Me Alive. This is a relevant theme for me as I am struggling with postpartum depression, and also have diagnosed anxiety and bipolar II (just to let you know what's going on with me-it might be pertinent as you read the post below). Thank you for stopping by and reading my post!


W is for the web AKA the internet AKA a lot of other nicknames that I'm not hip enough to know, I'm sure!

I've always been a little awkward, well, maybe quirky is a better word? What I mean is that making others uncomfortable or being uncomfortable around others is a common symptom surrounding my existence and when that happens to be a part of your truth places like the web can be a ginormous blessing. Whether it's finding my tribe or an outlet to express myself without having to worry about making others uncomfortable, the web is an outlet that I'm not sure I could live without!

In addition to community the web has countless resources to help me learn more about my mental health diagnoses that helps me cope and live a healthier more productive life. Sometimes these are community offerings sometimes they're medical resources but either way I appreciate materials that I find online.

I also appreciate the community opportunities. Whether it's Facebook, Blogger, Meetup, The Mighty, BC2M, or beyond I find a variety of unique places where I find myself feeling at home and understood even more than I do "in real life."

It's not all wonderful. There are dark corners or nasty gooey parts of the web too, but for the most part I love what the interbutts has done to our world and I think I'll continue to be a fan.


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Hannah! I LOVE the internet for all the great things it has introduced to us. Sure there are bad things to it but that's humanity for you. I stick to the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF