Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Tuesday....

Today was a different Tuesday than usual because I had an ECT appointment. The hubster worked from home/hospital so we dropped off Baby Bananaface at daycare together and hung out a bit before heading to my appointment. We got there a bit early so there was some extended waiting but everything went to plan and pretty smoothly except for a little bit uncomfortable of an IV.

After ECT I was starvin' Marvin (so was Hubster) so we hit up the local McMenamin's and gorged ourselves. I had a little bit of a hard time since I get a special medication when I go under that reduces my saliva (apparently I'm an extra-spitty person) and that made eating somewhat difficult. I did really enjoy the meal and our dessert, a salted caramel hazelnut torte that we especially enjoy.

Once we had finished our hefty meal we decided to go for a walk with the dog-or should I say stroll? Normally our walks are rather... zippily paced to where we break a sweat and get our heart rates up but this time was more relaxed and I even took some pictures and videos (feels like I haven't done that in a long time). 


A green pinecone on the ground (I don't recall seeing one on the ground before!):

What we are pretty sure now is a type of millipede (Harpaphe haydeniana) but I wasn't sure at the time:

 Another little video which I wasn't sure what a bug was-I know the worm is a worm but the other thing?

And a last video about a slug, but not a jumping slug-which apparently exists!

 A field bindweed (no I didn't know it was called that, it just reminded me of a morning glory and I liked it):

Overall it's been a pretty good day. I laughed a lot, cried a little, and really enjoyed spending the day with my husband. My jittery feelings seem more mild than usual or I'm less agitated by them, either way I'm grateful for the relieved sensation!

11 comments:

  1. I am glad it was a good day for you, dear Hannah. Your last photo is beautiful! Seeing your photo of the millipede reminds me of what happened a couple of days ago. I found a centipede in my basement and screamed. My 3 year old black and white, green eyed cat, Romeo, came running to see what I was screaming about but the centipede went into hiding. About fifteen minutes later my cat found the centipede and "pointed at it" with his nose as if to say, "Is this what you were yelling about?" LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha That sounds like quite an adventure, Romeo sounds like a brave cat!

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a good day, Hannah. I hope you have many more and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e, I hope so too though my Wednesday was pretty rough. Trying to remember "one day at a time."

      Delete
  3. Add me to the list of people (the long list) who are thrilled you had a good day.
    After a big lunch my walk is a waddle. I am impressed you managed a stroll.
    PS the videos refused to play. Still pictures only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the pictures didn't play for you, unfortunately I have no clue how to remedy this issue. :(

      Delete
  4. Good days. Yay!!!

    If a slug ever jumped at me I would pee my pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am keeping my eyes open on the trail now, I hope I get to see one!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great day! That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. " ...we hit up the local McMenamin's and gorged ourselves..."

    What did you have for you main?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF