Monday, May 23, 2016

Ask Me Anything Answers: Part II

Okay, for Part II of my answering-spree from the "Ask Me Anything" post I have a jumble of answers from a variety of bloggresses.


First up is e from "Life in Progress" with the question, What is your favorite article of clothing?

This might be one of the most difficult questions of the bunch. No kidding.

My favorite article of clothing used to be a hand-me-down, bright blue t-shirt that used to be my dad's softball uniform tee from the year I was born. It was very thin and very worn in and eventually I decided to cut it up and make it into a quilt with a bunch of other stuff.

So now, my favorite article of clothing... the things that came up for me were my light blue fleece jacket and my maroon-purple-ish pajama pants. Those don't seem to make sense to me but maybe it's more about what the item is and not the item itself? if that makes sense. I like lounging around in pajama pants and I like cozying up in a fleece jacket. My jacket makes me feel safe and secure when I'm out and about and my pajama pants make me feel like everything is all right with the world and I can relax.

I also have some awesome bras that make my boobs look amazing. Maybe that's TMI but I certainly appreciate those bras each and every time I put one on and I think that counts somehow!


Second up is a question from Sue at "Elephant's Child," What is your biggest achievement?

Two things came up for me when I read this question and the first was giving birth to Baby Bananaface. I feel so good about myself when I think about what I achieved and I'm so happy that I was able to meet just about every single goal that I set for that labor and delivery. I didn't bake a bundt cake like I had planned, but I labored hard for 29 hours and got to catch him with my own two hands and I didn't tear and I didn't use any sort drugs or unnecessary equipment. I wasn't afraid, I was a lean, mean, birthing machine and I am so proud of myself.

The second thing that comes up for me is my marriage with the hubster. I think it counts as an achievement, I know it certainly feels like something we strive for-a happy, healthy marriage-and it's something that I had do a lot of processing over... What I mean is that it took a lot of work for me (and still does) to believe that I'm worth such a wonderful man, that I deserve him and his love and it was a big deal for me to embrace him as a huge blessing in my life and welcome that blessing into my life instead of rejecting it because I thought I didn't deserve it or that I wasn't good enough or however you want to phrase it. I love my husband dearly, I think we are a very close couple, I'm grateful for him everyday, and that all came from a lot of hard work and dedication to ourselves, each other, and our relationship and I think that's a big achievement.


Thank you again everyone for submitting questions, reading, and participating. Next Monday I post answers to questions about me and the hubster... cue the blushes and giggles! ;o)

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post, Hannah, and marriage, especially in this day and age, is definitely an achievement. Sending you much love and many hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, much love and many hugs right back!

      Delete
  2. You didn't mention that BB was over 10 pounds! You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Guess I forgot! I think the midwives knew he would be a big one because they never guessed at his weight only said cryptic things like, "Baby is just the right size for you" or "Baby is the perfect size for your body." I should've known ;o)

      Delete
  3. Smiling at the awesome bras.
    Love your achievements. Add another couple too. You are taking steps to look after yourself. And have acknowledged that you need help. Both are huge. And rare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC. It's still hard to give myself credit when I feel like such a wreck but at least part of me knows that I deserve credit for all the hard work I put in trying to make things work better :o) Thank you for emphasizing those points!

      Delete
  4. I agree with the others. You are a wonderful person...Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e, we can use all the hugs we can get! Thank you :o)

      Delete
  5. awww...love this! I have a few bras that are at the top of my fave clothing list too. lol!! Not tmi, at least not in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willow, that is good to hear haha

      Delete
  6. So Baby BF was over 10 lbs. How is it possible that you got him out without tearing? You were one, lean, mean birthing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :o) Somehow I managed to stay relaxed!

      Delete
  7. Giving birth to a 10 lb baby!?!? Oh my gosh... That is a HUGE accomplishment (no pun intended :) And a superpower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Pun accepted (I love puns!) and thank you *bows* ;o)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF