Monday, June 20, 2016

Ask Me Anything Answers: Part VI

This week's 'Ask Me Anything' answers are to questions provided by Linda over at Linda's Peaceful Place. At first, I thought the questions were pretty straightforward but they were surprisingly challenging for me!


1) What is your favorite animal?  Birds. Growing up, it was horses but in my teens I started shifting toward birds. Choosing one particular species to be my favorite is an ongoing challenge! I'm not sure if my favorite bird should be local so I have a better chance of seeing them or something exotic and unique? It's a puzzler.

As for local birds, I love Stellar's jays and they are a special treat to see whenever I spot one though they make a terrible noise. I enjoy owls but have never seen one in the wild, like waterfowl and cormorants and I even appreciate crows; they seem to have more character than the other little birds that flit around town. All in all, watching birds cheers me up and makes me happy and that's something I need in life!


2) What fragrance or scent do you find the most soothing?  I'm a big fan of lavender as well as peppermint and to a lesser extent rose but I'm also quite comforted and soothed by the smell of coffee and fresh ground coffee beans. Even in some of my worst moods the act of making or getting coffee can be a very soothing practice for me.


3) Do you prefer eating at home or dining out?  This is a tough question! I enjoy eating out but it's always been a sort of special thing, I usually eat more at home so that is my "normal" and comfortable option. Right now I'm in an odd phase where I've somewhat forgotten what my favorite restaurants around town were or some of the recipes that I used to make from memory at home, it makes meal planning a little more tricky! I miss going out for Indian or pho... hopefully we can do that again soon :o) Overall, I think I enjoy eating at home more but sometimes I really enjoy getting out for a meal I have a hankering for!


Thank you again to everyone that submitted questions! If anyone has anymore to ask please leave them in the comments below or message them to me and I'll try and answer them, otherwise I think this is it for this session of "Ask Me Anything!" Thanks for participating!

17 comments:

  1. Hi dear Hannah, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, and I thoroughly enjoyed your responses to them! I hope this week (and always) will be wonder filled and joyous for you! Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! I hope you have a wonderful week too :o) Hugs!

      Delete
  2. From the Pacific Northwest huh? Well so am I!! I loved horses growing up, and guess what, I still do! Ha, I took a break to raise a family but once we were empty nesters, I got back in the saddle. We own two. it was nice reading and getting to know you - have a nice week!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Pacific Northwest! Thanks for reading, have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I have been loving your answers. And am bird obsessed. I would love to see an owl. And rather a lot of 'your birds' which are exotic to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, I never thought about my birds being exotic to other folks-I should take more pictures! A heron flew overhead this morning, ah, it was lovely!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful answers, Hannah! I really enjoyed this series of posts and I hope you will do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration, Martha!

      Delete
  5. Horses! They take my breath away! Altho I love birds, birds of prey amaze me. Scents--lavender, rosemary, and sage--those help me to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lavender, rosemary, and sage-now I wanna get a massage!

      Delete
  6. I'll take a horse over most folks any day of the week...I loved these posts and left a comment for you at my blog, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I used to be that way with cats! Glad you enjoyed the series. Thanks e :o)

      Delete
  7. We do have a lot of Steller's Jays here in the Pacific Northwest. They are usually in our yard making their noises but they must be nesting because we haven't seen them in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see them as often as I'd like but I guess that's okay with how horrible they sound! Ha!

      Delete
  8. The smell of coffee has always been soothing for me too. :) I think in my mind it coincides with the freshness of a new day. I'm always the most stable in the mornings too.

    I've always wanted to try pho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to try pho! I was pretty nervous but turned out I liked it and being able to customize the spice and some of the ingredients is pretty fun :o)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF