Friday, August 19, 2016

Just Don't Give Up

So I'm getting help from 3 main sources-a psychiatrist trying to help me through medication, other psychiatrists trying to help me through ECT, and a therapist trying to help me through DBT-and now one of my psychiatrists has suggested a different type of brain stimulating therapy instead of ECT called TMS. It's all so confusing and borderline overwhelming but I'm trying to hang tough and keep fighting. I don't know exactly what therapy or combination of therapies is going to help me most but I know that I can't give up and I have to keep trying...

Right now I'm in an awkward place where I'm starting the transition from ECT to TMS and trying to balance DBT and waiting to see how things are going to work out.

I'm scared and nervous and just trying to keep on keeping on.... as long as I don't give up I can't fail, right?

11 comments:

  1. You are not failing, Hannah, you're just having a long, challenging slog. The alphabet soup terminology is enough to intimidate, but you are persisting and that is all any of us can do. Hugs to you, baby Banana face and your husband...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not failing. Not failing at all. e is right as usual.
    Hugs, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you won't, Hannah. Your spirit and your will are far stronger than any of the sneaky little demons that are trying to upset the apple-cart. "Trying" being the operative word. Soon they will get the message, and realise that it is you who is the boss...not them!

    Keep up the good work...keep up the good fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, you are not failing, and what e said I totally agree with. We only fail when we give up! Hang in there, dear friend. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are moving forward and I think that is amazing and brave. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, Hannah. Don't ever give up! I'm glad there are people helping you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved "e" comment "The alphabet soup terminology is enough to intimidate." I was trying to think of some way to comment on that part. At least you are working hard to overcome your problems and that is the biggest part of recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much, your words mean so much to me <3 Doing my best taking one hour at a time

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. BE STRONG, AND WIN.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF