Saturday, August 27, 2016

Sneaky Momma Bloggin' in the AM...

The boys are still snoozing this warm Saturday morning and I am in the dining room typing away, only a little on edge as I wait for the waking cry of my toddler. It always stresses me out to some degree waiting for the waking sounds but this morning it's not so bad, I'm even a little relaxed and content as I let the boys sleep on a bit longer.

I think the happy feelings have a little to do with having had therapy yesterday and discussing my self-judgments and implementing grateful thoughts and building up my self-esteem instead of letting myself sink into mental spaces where I'm constantly apologizing for myself and feeling bad about my existence. That's no way to live. Talk about bringin' ya down! It's miserable!

Right now I feel grateful that I'm able to wake up and get moving in the morning and that I have routines like making coffee for the hubby and getting a little breakfast prepped and hitting the gym and that I have things to look forward to like visiting the local espresso stand before the owners hand it over to the new owners next week (sad but true, I'm losing my favorite baristas!). I'm trying to teach myself to dwell in the positive and when I succeed at this it feels pretty dang good.

So, I'm trying to cheer myself on internally and participate more earnestly in a healthier, happier lifestyle to bolster my lifeforce and stability. I'm trying to acknowledge and appreciate the progress that I've made the last few months and praise myself for all the hard work that I've been doing instead of harping on myself for all the things that still remain to be improved (it's so dang easy for my brain to see the darker sides of things!).

On that note, I will try to be kinder to myself today and I hope that my readers and blogging friends can be kind to themselves too and hopefully have some happy moments like I'm having now. It certainly saddens me to know that so many share similar struggles with mental health but I'm so grateful to have found this community and source of inspiration and support-thank you all <3

Happy weekend! Thank you for being you! Good luck and big smiles :o)

21 comments:

  1. Hannah, I am so very proud of you! Yes, focusing on the positive does help a lot and it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. And it really does help me to know that I am not alone in struggling with depression, and I feel that we can help one another by sharing our thoughts and experiences. Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend, and I hope you have an amazing weekend. And thank you for being you, too! Hugs and love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Hugs and love right back, keep up the good fight :o)

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you're doing great with this new outlook on life and a healthy new routine. I hope you're able to stick with it and stay well. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope I'm able to stick with it and see good results too :o) Thanks Chris!

      Delete
  3. Yay you. It is early morning here (before sun up) and I have the house to myself too. Not even the cats are stirring. A time I use to get myself into the right frame of mind. Enjoy your day - and pat yourself on the back frequently. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mental illness is hard work! Keep it up, Hannah. You are headed in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it Birdie. Hard work it is and I shall keep on trying!

      Delete
  5. Yay you!!! Everyone else said what I was going to say: Hats of to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e! Doffed caps happily accepted :o)

      Delete
  6. I'd love for you to be kind to yourself every day, Hannah. You deserve it! Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are staying on track. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly trying! Thank you :o)

      Delete
  8. I'm feeling in a very chirpy mood this morning. I had a couple of happy chats with a couple of positive people when I was out.

    As I drove back into my yard, coming home from shopping at my local supermarket, my postman turned up. He is such a pleasant gentleman - he's probably in his early 60s. We had a very nice, cheerful conversation. We always give each other a wave as we pass on the road. Here were I live is that kind of area...it has a village atmosphere. It's not a hustling, bustling city or large town.

    And while at the supermarket I was served by a lovely young lass who turned 18 on Sunday just gone. She has a great outlook on life and her smile would light up a darkened room. She has a couple of big hurdles ahead of her...one being a small tumour has been discovered on her chest.

    This young woman looks you straight in the eye when talking with you...and I think that's how she's looking at life...straight in the eye! At 18 years of age she shouldn't have to face these two battles thrown at her...but I believe with her attitude, her strength of purpose; her positivity...she'll take no prisoners...she'll win the battles.

    You, too, will do similar, Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee, I certainly appreciate the reminder that I'm not alone in having battles to fight and I wish the best for that young girl as she rides into her own battle!

      Delete
  9. It really shows that you're feeling a bit more positive and you've taken great steps forward. Well done you! You have every right to be proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really shows that you're feeling a bit more positive and you've taken great steps forward. Well done you! You have every right to be proud xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These baby steps are adding up methinks!

      Delete
  11. I am not in the practice of talking bad to myself. Glad you're stopping that crap. Glad you felt relaxed on this day of posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whisk, I'm trying to tip the balance in my life toward kindness instead of the constant negativity weighing me down and sabotaging my success. It's a long, hard fight but I'm doin' it!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF