Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Long Day, A Long Post



Today was quite a day in a pretty good way. Don't get me wrong, I've been surfing anxiety up and down and using skills, even popped an Ativan this evening, but overall I'm proud of myself and how this day went despite being off-routine!


It all started with hitting the gym and not a gym class. This was partially due to my schedule but also because the instructor I liked that did a class Tues/Thur mornings left to work more at her other job and they put a different class in that time slot that just doesn't challenge me enough (although I did try it once and enjoyed the social aspect).

Anyways. I chatted with a nice lady on the treadmill next to me and had a good, sweaty workout proving to myself that I can jog a mile without stopping-in fact, I took a short break to walk and then ran another mile! It felt good and I plan on doing so again tomorrow since my schedule is once again off-routine and requires an early gym visit that doesn't correspond with a class.

Odd detail, but as part of my schedule I opted to shower at the gym and happily noticed that I was more comfortable in the locker room. I even joked with a lady while I was only in my undies and bra!

"Ha!" I laughed as I unpacked the rest of my outfit for the day from my gym bag, making brief eye contact with the woman loading her locker to my left, "I guess ya know it's fall when you don't recognize the clothes in your own gym bag! I saw something yellow and had no clue what it was for a second!"

"Ha! I guess you're right!" She smiled and we laughed together for a moment before returning to our tasks in our own separate bubbles, but it was nice to connect for however brief.


My next social moment was chatting up the barista while I ordered my decaf double shot Americano for the potentially horrendous trafficky drive to meet my mom south of Seattle. We talked teas and autumn and laughed and it felt wonderful, a good way to set off into traffic I'd say!


My drive south went better than anticipated and I was able to reach my destination without hanging onto Google Map's every word from my phone (ECT memory baby steps!). Although when I parked and went to put my hair up with a band that I had scrounged from deep in my purse I found that my butt felt suddenly, acutely uncomfortable in my pants, as if they were chafing or pinching somehow all of a sudden when I'd been comfy all the way there... I couldn't figure it out so I decided to try and walk it off but as I walked away from the car I heard something clink on the parking garage floor and found my tiny Flounder pin. It must've dislodged from my purse as I scrounged for the hair band and somehow ended up under my right thigh in just the right place to poke me in the ass. Yep. That happened. I was annoyed but mostly amused!

Random pic of Baby Bananaface from last night
The hubster's caption to the grandparents was:
"Be with you in a moment." Ha!

Mom and I were meeting a mall and she got a little confused about which parking garage to park in so I had to give her some supplemental directions over the phone so she could find me (I had bags of hand-me-downs for my nephew so we wanted to park right by each other for the transfer). Feeling a little goofy and inspired, I decided to stand at the top of the parking garage ramp and overzealously gesticulate to get her attention and guide her to the right parking area. It was a good stretch-a one point I balanced on one leg and waved my other limbs all at once to occupy as much attention-grabbing space as possible-and my mom got a good kick outta it.

While we were in the mall I happened to come across a gal in the bathroom standing in front of the tampon dispenser in a bit of a frustrated huff and I walked up to her and said, "Hey, if you need a tampon or a pad or something, I'm carrying. You need one?"

She was surprised but looked happy to receive the offer and said she really needed a tampon. I offered her one from my overly cautious, abundant purse stash and we cheerfully parted ways.

Later on in the mall venture I paused to say hello and compliment a woman on her unique sweater. A compilation of white and browns woven (knitted? I don't know exactly the term or technique) into a cool pattern with llamas or alpacas and little mountains. I quite liked it and told her so and she told me it was made some alpaca.  We shared some bright smiles and wished each other wonderful days.


TMS treatment was a little different than usual too. I was exactly on time instead of my usual 15-25 minutes early and I was able to say that I was having a decent day instead of just listing all the things that were challenging me.

On top of this, I was able to relax enough to chat with the technician during treatment. I haven't really been very chatty during treatment, maybe before or after but not during. Today I was pausing the Netflix show to share snippets with the tech and explain the crazy traits of the different fish the host was going after. Today involved giant catfish in the Amazon and crazy looking alligator gar in Texas-with bonus slime!

You can check out the FB page here,
that's where the pic came from!

After I finished rewatching "Border Security: Canada's Front Line" I wasn't sure what to watch next, but luckily one of the Netflix recommendations on the TMS office's iPad led me to this show called "Chasing Monsters." I had never heard of Cyril Chauquet, but maybe some of my Canadian blogging friends will have seen him around on the telly? Apparently he's been doing shows about fishing for quite a while. Might have to look his other show up when this one runs out!


The rest of the day involved getting home through more traffic, walking the dog, and making dinner while the hubster and BB made it home a bit late. We all went to Costco which was enjoyable and I got to load and unload nearly everything so I got some of the strength training I missed from my usual gym class.

My mood has been mostly good. I've been able to stay positive and dismiss unhelpful and/or negative thoughts but I have had anxiety at my back and even a panic attack this evening. The hubster commented that it was nice to see me feeling more "me," and I made a comment along the lines that I'd have to take his word for it because I don't remember being quite this social and outgoing and sassy! But he says that's part of why he married me was because I was a strong, determined, sassy woman. Might ebb and flow with a mood disorder, but maybe I'm getting more strong, determined, and sassy stretch of things?

We shall see!

Right now I'm just focusing on a good night's rest and preparing myself for another off-kilter day schedule wise. Tomorrow is volunteering at the blood bank in the afternoon so early appointment for TMS and early-early gym time... a little wonky and jumbled but I've done it before and enjoyed the volunteer work. Hope that same lady is there as last week!


For now, the sleepy time.


Oh. Happy Fall to all my northern hemisphere bloggers and Happy Spring to those down south! Not sure I'm ready for the rainy season, but here it comes :o)





20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. You had great day and BBis so cute. Hugs and sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big, big, face stretching smiles. This is a lovely post to read. And e is right (in case you needed reminding) about how cute BB is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC, good to spread smiles! Hehe, we are pretty confident in BB's cuteness factor :o)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post, Hannah! BB is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :o) Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful post, Hannah. I'm so happy you had such a great day. And it's amazing how short but pleasant encounters with strangers make for a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha! And you are so right, those short, positive encounters with strangers make a huge difference. I think it's a huge part of the atmosphere in our communities and part of the social issues we're going through of late...

      Delete
  5. I am so happy to read this post. Just you being your true self. How excellent is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent but it's also so unfamiliar and strange in a way! I think the change is making me nervous even though it's positive, if that makes sense... Glad I made you happy <3

      Delete
  6. Your day sounds fun...and busy. lol I'm cracking up picturing your antics in the parking garage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, busy! And you so know I was going all out directing traffic, it was pretty fun and challenging to my balance capabilities! ;o)

      Delete
  7. So nice to hear you interacting and reaching out! The tampon lady must have been so relieved! great stuff,
    love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Els! She was at the very least pleasantly surprised and appreciative, from what I could tell :o)

      Delete
  8. Baby BananaFace putting the grandparents on hold a minute is priceless. Your hubster is good with captions. LOL Glad you are cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie :o) The hubster does come up with some good ones!

      Delete
  9. glad that you had a quite wonderful day ,being helpful to strangers never bothers me also ,being on time at your commitment is rather a unique quality ,and i too can't help my self with giving compliment to one who deserves whether he is familiar or stranger .you are precious dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baili <3 It's nice to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  10. Another smile here as I read about your day. Not only did you have a good day, but you made it a good day for all of those people you met along the way. Here's hoping that you've continued to have some good times. And that is one cute kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :o) I hope I keep up the positive swing too! And thank you, we think we made a pretty cute kid too :o)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF