Thursday, September 15, 2016

Let's Take a Break

I've decided to lighten things up a bit, so I'm snagging this fun questionnaire from Martha who stole borrowed it from Debra and I hope to have as much fun filling it out as I did reading their responses!

It's a big one, but I love typing ;o) 
*deep breath* 
Let's do this!



1. Are you named after anyone? Not my first name, but my middle name is my maternal grandmother's middle name. Bonus info: I'm quite fond of the fact that it's spelled "Katharine" instead of "Katherine" or "Catherine." Not quite sure why I'm so fond of that extra "a," but I am!

2. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday I cried several times throughout the day as I struggled with very low mood.

3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes. I get some complaints from people that "can't read" cursive but that's much more comfortable and faster for me to write than manuscript-although I do write very well in manuscript as well. Either one can get sloppy sometimes but I loved the penmanship exercises in elementary school and have always tried to write as nicely as possible since.

4. What is your favourite lunch meat? Smoked turkey. Has been for years and years!

5. Do you have any kids? One, my 18-month old son <3

6. If you were another person, would you be friends? I don't know, I'm kinda a recluse without many friends so the odds are kinda low! If we did find each other, I think we'd be good friends to each other though.

7. Do you use sarcasm? Yep, although I try not to use it in mean or hurtful ways... lots of teasing in my family through sarcasm left some scars!

8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yep.

9. Would you bungee jump? No thanks, the bounce/snap at the bottom freaks me out!

10. What is your favourite cereal? Huh. This is a tough one for me... but I think it's bran flakes. Yes, seriously! They're delicious and reliable. I can eat them for months without getting sick of them and they're a good, crunchy snack when eaten dry.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope. I honestly have no clue when I last tied the laces on my gym shoes but it was a long time ago!

12. Do you think you're strong? Absolutely-when I'm in my right mind. There are times when I believe that I'm weak and inherently flawed or broken but when I'm in a good head space I can recognize my mental and physical strength; and I've sure worked hard on building both of those!

13. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Hmmm... I used to be quite the ice cream fiend but I haven't been as much lately so this is a challenging question at the moment. Huh, maybe it's an "ECT moment" with my memory? Anywho, I asked the hubby and he said Neapolitan is one of my faves (which also happens to be one of his least favorites). I do remember that I like to eat the separate flavors when the ice cream is really cold and as it softens I like to mix them into a weird, delicious gray colored mass!

14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Unsure exactly but I think it might be "spark," or whatever little signs come together to suggest intelligence or being engaged with the world. For instance, when walking down hallways or trails I'm constantly trying to assess if the oncoming traffic is a collision risk or engaged, aware, and potentially courteous-not a fan of zombies ;o)

15. Red or pink? Pink. Used to be anti-pink, but now I have quite a bit of pink in my life and it makes me happy.

16. What is the least favourite thing you like about yourself? My mental illness. Things are a bit sensitive right now, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

17. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing right now? Navy blue pajama bottoms and no shoes.

18. What was the last thing you ate? A few bites off the hubby's See's Chocolate Seegar. Love their chocolate!

19. What are you listening to right now? The ceiling fan whirring...

20. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Teal, magenta, or purple.

21. Favourite smell? Hmm... I narrowed it down to lavender, the hubby, or coffee.

22. Who was the last person you talked to? The hubster, of course!

23. Favourite sport to watch? Don't really have one but I enjoy baseball, football, and gymnastics (ya know, whenever I watch the Olympics).

24. Hair colour that's real? At the moment. I used to play around dying my hair but it's all natural now and I hope to have it that way from now on and reach my graying stage someday <3

25. Do you wear contacts? Not at the moment, my prescription expired and I ran out but I have and will again.

26. Favourite food? I've said lasagna for years so I'll just stick with that.

27. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. Not a fan of scary stuff!

28. Last movie you watched? "Wreck-it Ralph" with the boys.

29. What colour shirt are you wearing? Light grey.

30. Summer or winter? Winter. Iced coffee is good, but the hot coffee days and snuggly sweaters are where it's at! So much easier to warm myself up than cool off.

31. Hugs or kisses? Hugs (that goes for chocolates and for the real stuff).

32. Favourite sweet food? Chocolate-in so many forms!

33. What book are you currently reading? I haven't read from it in days but I've made it through a chunk of "Stone of Tears" by Terry Goodkind. Hoping to reread the whole series, but we'll see.

34. What is on your mouse pad? Nadda! Ain't got one. Just plain ole dining table.

35. What did you last watch on TV? "Running Wild with Bear Grylls" with Marshawn Lynch.

36. Favourite sound? Bird wings. When I'm close enough to hear them beating it's thrilling and calming all at once-just does something different for me than bird song or other sounds.

37. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles. Went through a huge Beatles phase in high school and loved singing along through whole CDs.

38. What is the farthest you have traveled? New Zealand.

39. Do you have a special talent? I can be quite crafty, creative, and artistic. I've been known to draw and paint and craft and stitch quite a bit.

40. Where were you born? California, on a military base that no longer exists!



Whew. I made it! That's quite a quiz! Let me know if you decide to partake as well and I'll try and check out your answers :o)

For now, it's bedtime. My anxiety came up a bit this evening but I'm using my skills and hoping to wake up in a good place mentally tomorrow like I did today.

8 comments:

  1. I have seen a few people participate in this quiz - and loved your answers.
    And yes, you are strong. Very strong.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this! I'm so happy you participated. Your choice for a favourite sound is wonderful. Bird wings. I love that. It is a very nice sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a fun post, Hannah! I enjoyed your responses. You are a lovely person, both inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I learned some new things about you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read and lots of interesting answers from you. Incredible person you are. Never would I believe anyone could be interested in that much information about me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for reading and commenting :o) And Annie, if you participate lemme know and I'll come read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really cool. Interesting answers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CHOCOLATE! Is there such a thing as BAD chocolate? I don't see how it would be possible. Unless it was old and had gone off, perhaps. But otherwise, YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF