Thursday, September 15, 2016

Maybe things are turning around?

Woke up this morning in a much different mindset-it wasn't the darkness greeting me, it was my right mind and DBT skills and mindfulness! The dark thoughts have been whispering but I've been able to brush them off and so far it's been a good day. Still early, but I'm hoping this upward trend continues.

Oddly there is part of me that feels a little disappointed that the darkness didn't deepen or continue-I feel like a liar or a faker or something. In reality, it's the disease and it's unpredictable and while I can utilize skills and treatment and therapy I can't really control the way this disease presents itself. So, I will just ride this ride and do my best and see what happens. Leave judgment at the door, we don't need it here!

Thank you all for your concern and support. I really appreciated seeing all those comments and drop-ins and will continue to keep y'all updated as I see where my mood goes.

12 comments:

  1. Hannah, I am so glad to hear this. I think it is great that you feel comfortable to share this and write about it, I feel that the blog is great for this and am happy that you are using this avenue. Love and hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, it's always encouraging to hear that people appreciate my honesty! Love and hugs right back to ya :o)

      Delete
  2. I think most people with depression have those times when things look really dark and then for no reason things get better. At least that is the way it is for me! Absolutely no judgement. Just gratefulness that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birdie. I think I will try a bit harder to focus on the no judgment and more gratefulness myself!

      Delete
  3. I need to catch up on a few blogs...

    For now though, I'll say that I LOVE your take on this. I do believe I'll use it for myself. My stuff is a bit different, but I can see it working.

    Hope your day continues to go well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willow :o) I know what you mean about relating to something even though your own story is a bit different-I think when we struggle and cope and work hard it's all a common thread connecting us as humans. I hate to share pain and strife with others but I love recognizing that connection!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad to read this. Not a liar, not a faker. A wounded warrior.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs and good wishes! Brains are so interesting as is brain chemistry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs* Absolutely-brains are quite something!

      Delete
  6. One's mind sometimes has a mind of its own. It opens the door to the niggling, persistently annoying little demons and allows the to run about uncontrollably.

    It is apparent, however, that each day you are getting stronger and stronger and very soon the strength you've gained will enable to slam the door shut forever on those pests.

    The whispers will be no longer audible...and the light will shine brightly upon you. Don't give in or give up...you will be - you are the conqueror. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee this is so wonderful to read, thank you for believing in me!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF