Monday, September 19, 2016

Sunday's Hike and Kickin' Off the Week

Boy howdy, it was a long, exhausting day Sunday but we had a good time and made it through in decent form.

The drive from the main road to the trailhead was quite... rugged, but the hubster did a good job getting us there despite the many potholes and loose rocks. It was a short(ish) hike but there was definitely uphill grade for most of it! The view was worth it though:


We got to take a little break, snack, hydrate, and throw rocks in the lake before the actual scattering of the ashes. Even Baby Bananaface was throwing pebbles and rocks into the lake! We took a family selfie too:


It was fun chatting on the trail, especially catching up with my cousin that I hadn't seen in I don't know how long. I"m not very religious but in a weird way it felt like my aunt was there too when we came across a little black Pomeranian named Midnight (she had a giant chow named Midnight) and that was a funny, special moment I remember.

I also remember not seeing a single slug or snail! ARGH! I love watching for slugs as I hike and I thought for-sure I'd see some big ole slugs on this hike, but not a one. Thankfully I'd seen some teeny baby slugs that morning walking Fio ;o)


As for kickin' off the week, I didn't get to sleep very well last night at all. Lots of anxiety and despite taking a Lunesta I wasn't able to sleep more than 3 hours at a stretch and had a panic attack or two. Very frustrating but even more frustrating were the discouraging and depressive thoughts creeping into my head as I laid awake. I did a little crying this morning out of fear and sadness regarding those dark thoughts. I just don't want to go through that again, at least not so soon!

Urgh. But I'm getting going to gym class and going to try and charge on.

One little bit at a time.

14 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting out today and what a pretty spot for the scattering. I think your Aunt would have approved. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e! I think it was a great spot too, I'm sure he isn't alone! Hugs :o)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful spot for a scattering. Baby Bananaface is a major cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra. It's nice to know I'm not just blinded by motherly pride when I think BB is a cutie ;o) the hubs and I think he turned out pretty well so far!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place to rest for eternity.
    And yes, BB is gorgeous.
    Some days, tears are a toxin which needs to be shed.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point EC, it did feel good to shed some tears, for sure.

      Thank you and hugs right back :o)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a beautiful place, Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was, it just could've used more slugs in my opinion! ;o)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful lake, it looks like a postcard! Glad you got to enjoy some family time in the great outdoors. Hope your anxiety goes away as the week progresses. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. I'm skeptical about my anxiety giving me a break but I'm open to the opportunity if it should happen! I did have a bit of break during an exercise class when I relaxed that felt pretty good, I shall aim for more :o)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous place. I love that group selfie. I'm a fan of those. Your little man is the cutest little thing! And he's growing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha :o) Group selfies can be so much fun!

      Delete
  7. I thought you said, "I also remember not (eating) a single slug or snail!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! I do not eat them, although my sister and I were discussing how much money it would take for us to try and eat the little frog we saw... Let's just say it was more than a $1!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF