Monday, December 12, 2016

Date Day and Girls' Night Out

Saturday was a long day but a fun day. We dropped Baby Bananaface off with Grandma and then had a lunch out all to ourselves! A murder mystery party and a movie out made for quite a date day. It was also a big deal for me to go to the theater since I hadn't been out to a movie in over six months and I've been afraid of potential triggers BUT I handled the stresses without succumbing to anxiety or a panic attack!!!

Sunday was a long day but fun day too with gym, ornaments, and then an evening out with my sister. We went to a local store/nursery for their Christmas extravaganza and then out to dinner and then grabbed coffees for our drive downtown to the theater for a live production of "The Little Mermaid."

"The Little Mermaid" is a sentimental movie for us since we both grew up watching it A LOT and both really like it. When she found out it was playing she told me "I'm buying tickets, we're going, when are you free?" It's a little weird being treated by my little sister with a night out but I had a great time. 

I think my favorite part was singing at the top of our lungs together on the drive there and back :o) Not only was it wonderful to be able to relax and enjoy a good night out, it was especially nice to have fun and feel close with my sister. We don't always connect or chat much but last night felt easy and fun and I'm so grateful.



Today I had my endocrinology appointment and now I'm waiting for my psychiatry appointment. So far, it's good news-if my thyroid levels are good from today's lab work  I get to just check in with my primary care lady every 6 months or a year instead of having to drive downtown!

Not sure what my next appointment will bring but I think we are doing all right. I'm feeling pretty good and been coping pretty well lately despite the seizure hiccup. Don't know if we'll be trying a new mood stabilizer while I'm working up on the Lamictal but we'll see!

Happy Monday everyone :o)

8 comments:

  1. Hi dear Hannah, the thyroid levels really do affect our moods, as I am learning, because I was feeling fairly tired and after a blood test and a follow up appointment with my doctor last week, the doctor told me that it was the thyroid, so he increased the Synthroid, which I just got the new prescription for at the pharmacy today when I went to renew my meds, so I will begin the new, higher dose tomorrow. I will let you know how that goes.

    Thank you so much for the updates, and wishing you a wonder filled week full of joy, love and peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got some answers from those tests! I wish you a wonderful week as well :o)

      Delete
  2. Nice to read and may you have more days like these and more fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to read. And echoing Linda on the thyroid front. Hugs and high tens from here as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday, Hannah! It's always wonderful to see you happy and having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF