Friday, December 16, 2016

"It's Official" & Some Baby Bananaface Pics

Whew. Had to stay up late and get up early so I was sleep deprived enough for my EEG test this morning and it's made things a bit more challenging today, that's for sure! Somehow I'm still awake and I wanted to blog since I'll be on the road and busy with a family gift exchange tomorrow...

Anywho. This morning I did the MRI and EEG before meeting with my neurologist. He reviewed the results and said that my MRI was normal-even saying that my hippocampi are in great shape considering my chronic mental health conditions. So that was good!

Unfortunately, my EEG was not so normal. He says it's official that I have a right temporal lobe originating seizure disorder (or something like that, my hearing isn't the best and it was a lot of words strung together!).

The good news is that it isn't anything super rare and it's usually easily controlled by meds and won't necessarily disrupt my life. The medication he prescribed happens to also function as a mood stabilizer (I tried it out earlier this year or last year, I can't remember-it didn't work then but my psychiatrist thinks we have a shot at it working better this time since I'm not in such a deep depressive hole) and we're sure hoping that it kills two birds with one stone!

So that's the news! It's a bit of shock but with everything I've been through lately it doesn't seem to rattle me as much as I thought it might... I guess being aware of how much danger I was in when my depression was much worse makes something like these seizures and a new disorder seem a little less threatening or scary?

In other, more jolly news, I've been listening to Baby Bananaface a little more intently lately and observing what words he seems to have. I'm happy to report instances of garbled "Thank you" and "Please," even "Love you!" He's pretty good at "Buh-bye" and "Momma," too. :o) He got a new haircut and looks so much older and listening to his "talking" is such a sweet thing... I so look forward to meeting the man he's gonna be and watching him grow up <3




14 comments:

  1. You had an MRI? Those things do my head in. Only the thought that if I scream my lungs out we will have to start again keeps me quiet and still.
    Sigh on the ECG results - and yay that it can be controlled and might be a double benefit.
    Love the photos of baby Bananaface and his new 'do'. He looked to handle it exceptionally well too.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so loud in the MRI! I think that was easier for me than the EEG though, my neck hurt during that one... glad you enjoyed the pics :o)

      Delete
  2. My younger daughter needs a ECG and I'm dreading what the results will be.

    Yes enjoy the younger years with your son because they fly by! Before you know it they are leaving home and having kids of their own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you goodbye luck with your daughters test!

      Delete
  3. Adorable boy! Sorry about your EEG results, but good that the meds are working. Hugs and have a good time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet photos, Hannah, and I am glad that the EEG results and remedy is not worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a diagnosis and that it's something easily controlled by medication. That must put your mind at rest! And my, isn't that a nice, grownup haircut for Baby Bananaface?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, he does look like a big boy!

      Delete
  6. A diagnosis and meds that can control it sounds pretty decent. And that little boy of yours is so cute! We are watching him grow up through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of your little guy. He's adorable! Glad they discovered the seizures so the can now be treated. Happy holidays, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF