Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Weekend Pics & Tuesday Wrap-up

Well, it looks like the hubster is gonna be riding the bus to work for a while!

We got my ole car towed back to the condo and when he checked it out this evening he discovered some horrible smelling, black transmission fluid (I had to ask, "So, it's not supposed to be like that?" and he said it was supposed to be pink or clear). From what I've heard so far it seems to be the end for my Mabel :o(

It was stressful today but I'm really proud of myself for coping and getting through as well as I did. I even reached out for help from a friend and managed to get in for some ornament work hours!

The whole breakdown was an adventure, but I made it through without any extra hiccups. I was experiencing problems right from the get-go on my morning trip to the gym. It was revving real high without speeding up or changing gear. Eventually I was barely able to make 25 mph and had just decided that I better pull off the road when the light changed and I had to stop. When it turned green I wasn't able to get going again at all. I was stranded in the right lane of traffic.

My first call was to the hubster but he didn't answer. My second call was to my mother and I got straight to the point, "Hey Mom, I'm broke down in the middle of the road and the car won't move, what do I do next?" She told me to try and get out of traffic if I could get somebody to help push me outta the road a bit and to call a tow company, so that's what I did! A nice guy in a white jeep stopped and pushed me off to the side a bit. Then the sheriff showed up and got me outta the road completely-a welcome bonus!

We'll see what happens with our transportation situation but for now it looks like we'll be a one-car family for a bit and have to navigate the busy holidays with a little more consideration. I really don't feel all that worried at the moment, a nice shift from my familiar anxiety issues. I feel pretty confident that we'll make things work and get through this-one day at a time.

AND

Here's some photos from our weekend excursion:

SO many people!

Pretty hotel across the street,
picture was taken in-transit so
it's a little wonky!

Another shot from the car,
some tree lights I appreciated.

My favorite part of the lighting ceremony,
Baby Bananaface sleeping away in his sling
through the lighting and cheers.


Another crowd shot and some of the lights-
mostly cellphone lights methinks!

Snow on our trip back over the pass.

It was a fun trip despite being a little exhausting. We enjoyed hanging out with my parents and sister and nephew-I'm even feeling a little excited for Christmas now! Nice to be looking forward to festivities instead of just feeling intimidated and wary :o)

8 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations. You sound to have handled the weekend AND the car debacle really well.
    Love those photos - and Baby BF is super cute. Which you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and a huge hug to you for getting through that ordeal with flying colors. BB is always adorable and thanks for the photo card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun weekend and sorry about the car. But, wow, you are doing amazingly despite everything that is being thrown at you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have breakdown cover which I have to say is a blessing, especially as it covers the whole family. So the first person I call when the car dies is the AA.

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your car. You handled it like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you, Hannah, you handed the ordeal so well! And I just love all your photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor old Mabel. I hope she can be saved.

    The lights are beautiful. It sure helps during these long dark days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF