Thursday, January 26, 2017

Argh!

It's been a bumpy few days and I think the biggest thing that is bothering me is my body issues. I ain't talking about self-consciousness or something. I'm talking about my knee bothering me---and then my lower back---and then my heel. It's cramping my style and interfering with my gym schedule!

I stayed home Friday, Saturday, and Wednesday. I even skipped cycling today after a light workout on the elliptical caused me discomfort. I'm gonna keep nursing things (hopping into an Epsom soak after this) and hopefully next week I'll be back to normal.

In other news, I had another seizure Tuesday morning. It was scary. The hubby wasn't home. I woke up in pitch black, unsure of where I was, and very disoriented. After a few minutes and knocking over some jugs of soap and tangling with the shower curtain, I realized that I was in my bathtub.

It seems that for whatever reason I slept walk to my tub and had the seizure there (as far as I can tell). There wasn't as much blood on my shirt as the couple before this but my tongue was a bit sore for a couple days.

I got in with the neurologist last minute and he upped my dose. He also showed me some MRI images that he got after our last appointment and pointed out a slight variation in my right temporal lobe that may explain things. He said some folks decide to have surgery for things like that when they can't get their epilepsy under control within a couple years. As scary as the seizures are, I think it'd have to get a lot more frequent for me to consider surgery.

So, there have been bumps lately and it's definitely got me a bit down. That said, I haven't bottomed out or started getting really negative. I reassure myself that these are temporary setbacks and that I'll most likely get back to normal soon-and if they don't, there's a good chance I can rise to the occasion and handle things regardless.

For now, a nice soak followed by some coffee, maybe an English muffin, and some reruns while I study for my terminology quiz tomorrow sounds good to me!

PS Many smiles and much pride for those that participated in the women's marches. I didn't go myself, but it sure looked beautiful from the pictures I saw. My friends that did go said it was amazing.

20 comments:

  1. The seizure sounds scary. My older daughter who is epileptic has only small absences but they are scary to witness too. She's doing well under her medication now though and hasn't had one for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad she hasn't had one for years! I hope I can get there myself :o)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Hannah! What a place for a seizure. I am just glad you are O.K. other than the ailments you are having at this time. You could have been seriously injured. I think bathtubs are one of the most dangerous places at home. Take good care of yourself, dear friend, sending you much love and many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :o) I wasn't too happy waking up in the tub in the dark but thankfully it wasn't as bad as it could've been!

      Delete
  3. First a seizure in the tub then your relax by a soak in the tub. A dangerous place to be a healing place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was laughing at that myself!

      Delete
  4. You have come light years from where you were a year ago. Hugs and healing wishes. And pride. Yay you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :o) I second that "Yay!"

      Delete
  5. i am reading this and the seizure sounds scary. The aches and pains are a drag. But this is something that can be dealt with. You are doing SO well. I'm so happy that you are no longer in that dark place. Seriously. Keep it up, Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...how frightening...Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is alarming. I'm glad you're okay. Best wishes to you, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I take my hat oof to you - you show so much resilience! A seizure must be so scary. You aknowledge it and then you move on as best as you can. You are amazing, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Els! I certainly try my best :o)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF