Sunday, March 26, 2017

WOWZA

First, some Baby Bananaface updates:

Family resemblance, or what? Was sorting
through some old photos in my closet and
found this shot from my baby years...

He really wanted to go outside.
So he "got dressed."
And for the WOWZA-Y moment of my yesterday. More discoveries from my closet...

I knew that I had been 250 lbs during pregnancy and I just wasn't sure if I had been before that. I was pretty sure. Whenever I asked the hubby he was evasive and wouldn't confirm anything.

Well, while I was cleaning out my closet I found stashes of old clothes. My maternity was altogether and then there was a different box. This box gave me my WOWZA moment of the afternoon.

I was shocked. I've lost so much weight!
 Once I found these pants the hubbo couldn't deny it anymore.
He said during a particularly bad depressive episode I 
topped out at 250 lbs. We still hiked and such and I found
a slew of 20/22 sized pants and XL shirts that I had forgotten.


I could actually fit both my legs down one leg
of the pants! It was so... shocking! I just didn't
remember! Such a weird feeling.
Also shocking was a bikini and teeny cover up that I found... apparently when I was lighter and just out of college (during my trip to Iceland) I decided I wanted to "feel European" and dare to wear a bikini to the hot springs. I'm not sure if I was more shocked by this discovery or the pants! Lots of disbelief both ways.

I know that I've lost a ton of weight in the last year or so-about 45 lbs. I didn't really count my pregnancy weight as my top weight before-though now that I know I was 250 lbs or more before that it makes me think of my total weight loss more like 75 lbs. That wasn't all in one go, so I wouldn't say that in conversation. Just for myself it feels good. Reminds me of what I can do. Not to mention surviving that depression... ANYWHO.

So. That is a bit of what I've been up to lately. Lots of jaw-dropping and loads of stuff to haul off to Goodwill.

We've been especially motivated to cut down since we decided to move in June when our lease is up. Going south toward cheaper rents. It means a major commute for the hubbo. We're thinking it's just about the only way to get things back on track since my PPD hurricane and all that financial fallout.

More on that later! In the meantime, happy spring and happy weekend :o)

16 comments:

  1. It's amazing to look at clothes and see the difference. None of my clothes really fit now and I've only lost 25.

    You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Birdie :o) It's amazing how much change our bodies can go through, right!?

      Delete
  2. I think it would be freeing to get rid of old clothes and other things. It's a symbolism of problems from the past of improved and it's time to get rid of reminders of them.

    BTW, congrats on the weight loss. I think the regular exercise has helped you in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really think the regular exercise is a life-saver for me. I plan on integrating into my lifestyle from here on out and thankfully the hubby is very supportive and encouraging about that!

      It is definitely freeing getting ride of old clothes and the like... it felt good getting rid of the "fat clothes" as well as the maternity gear. It's such a relief. I'm very glad to be moving on in life instead of continuing to be stuck in my past!

      Delete
  3. I am so proud of you, Hannah! You look great! And Baby Bananaface is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :o) Baby Bananaface is a force to be reckoned with, that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. Definitely WOWSERS.
    And you look wonderful. Baby BF is definitely your child (in case you had any doubt). Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, girl! And your little guy is so so SOOOO cute. It's shocking how much he's grown. Has time passed so quickly? I guess so. And it's amazing how much he looks like you when you were a wee one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :o) I had no idea that he looked so much like me when I was younger! I've always seen him as a blend of the hubbo and myself-although quite a few people have said BB looks a bit more like me... Hmm!

      Delete
  6. How "major" is the "major commute"? Commuting takes such a big chunk out of personal time and family time. I hate it and have always avoided long commutes whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he said it'll be something like 1 hr 20 min if he avoids all traffic. That said, if he hits bad traffic, it could add an hour.

      Delete
  7. You look great!!

    He did a fine job dressing himself I think.

    I'm commuting about an hour and 10+ minutes each way now, but there is absolutely nothing I can afford anywhere closer to work. I know a lot of other people up where I live who commute even farther. :/

    Thank you for taking the time to leave that comment on my last post. I really appreciate it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It does make me smile when BB dresses himself-he's got style!

      I think the hubster will have a similar commute-hopefully he can find work down south soon. Been trying for months!

      Glad to be of service, glad you appreciated my comment <3

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF