Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Food - CHECK!

I remembered to take a pic of the pie right before I put it in the oven and then I forgot once it baked! We ate it so fast right after dinner it was still warm! 

Next time I want it to brown more on top. The bottom was nice and flaky crisp though. I was worried the berry proportions wouldn't be right (too many strawberries, not enough raspberries and blueberries) and it still had that triple berry flavor. ;o)

Also made dinner. Pork chops and homemade potatoes au gratin and some canned green beans. Once again, totally wiped out the lot! 

Felt good to have everyone enjoy my baking/cooking. Also enjoyed the distraction and keeping busy. 



In other news, I tried CrossFit for the first time today. It was a good workout and a pretty nice welcome. I think it's more of what I need than the workout classes at the Y although I am nervous about leaving my comfort zone.

I think the increased difficulty will give me more of the brain break I need as well as the continued challenge and opportunities for improvement that help keep me busy, motivated, and rewarded:o) 

I'm thinking it's gonna roughen me up a bit though... sure felt those calluses-to-be in my palms!



Mood was pretty good today. Got annoyed with my mom a bit and felt frustrated. I am still working on my acceptance and distancing. Her self care isn't my responsibility! 



In other news, Baby Bananaface found some Elmo slippers that really float his boat-and some sunnies to go with it of course! 

He also covered himself in yellow highlighter. I got most of it washed off though. 


19 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds delicious, Hannah, and the pie looks wonderful! The Elmo slippers made me giggle. It is never easy to leave our comfort zone, but when we do, sometimes magical things can happen! This is what I wish for you, dear friend. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, cute and colorful, what an adorable boy. Your supper sounds delicious, and Linda is right. Sometimes great things happen when you take risks. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs! Thanks e! Risks, here I come ;o)

      Delete
  3. Nothing makes preparing food rewarding like seeing folks enjoy it! Sounds like you have a little plan sketched out to help you keep your sanity, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! What a perfect way to express what I was feeling :o)

      Delete
  4. You can't ask for a better recommendation that there are NO leftovers to take photos.
    Love Baby Bananaface (of course) and am super impressed at you stepping out of your comfort zone.
    High tens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Glad you enjoyed BB's antics ;o)

      Delete
  5. What a great day to read about. You are doing an a amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day at a time ;o)

      Delete
  6. My son once went into the bathroom and coloured his face with red and black, Darth Maul (sp. ??) style. It wasn't permanent but it still took a while to come off completely. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I'm sure my day will come... Once he broke a red pen apart and had that ink all over the place

      Delete
  7. Oh, look at that yummy pie! Sounds like a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least the yellow highlighter was on him and not on the carpet or furniture:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't put it past him sometime in the future!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF