Saturday, June 3, 2017

Laughter is the best medicine UNTIL...

... you have abdominal surgery! Hehe 😂 

In a bit of pain from my tubal ligation procedure and still very grateful. In many other parts of the world I probably wouldn't have survived my postpartum let alone been able to make this decision for me and my family. 

BEFORE:


(Remembered to bring my glasses case from ECT which was comforting!)



As for the day at the hospital-pretty dang smooth. I managed my minimal anxiety with DBT skills and was very calm. Was even laughing right onto the operating table!

Took us longer than expected to get going (the hubster guessed we'd be out by 330/4 and I guessed 6-I was closer). The ride home went pretty well although we had to stop halfway to fill my script and walk a bit to avoid any clots etc. 

AFTER:


My BP is usually a little in the low side and after surgery it was a little lower than they liked so I had to get a bit more fluids. Apparently my heart rate was down to 44 while I slept and they didn't like that either! I felt pretty well despite the pain on my side. Little spell of lightheadedness, overall not too bad.

Getting in and outta bed at home is tough though! Little by little.



Anywho. I will post answers to the questions submitted in a bit! Thanks for participating :o) 

9 comments:

  1. Sending you lots of love and warm hugs, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a speedy recovery. And sending you {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you rest! Don't make me come down there. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it went well! And yes, I know from experience, do NOT laugh right for the first few days after abdominal surgery -- OUCH! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you recover at lightening speed. And yes, laughing after abdominal surgery hurts. So do coughing fits. And I know which pain I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hold a pillow over where you had your surgery when you laugh or cough. It helps. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything turned out okay! After two C-sections I totally understand the difficulty getting put of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet Hannah! I'm glad things went well, I'm sorry for the pain and I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! Feeling a little better each day although it's still rough hurrumphing outta bed ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF