Friday, July 7, 2017

I don't like living in an MTV special...

This morning was a tough one at the gym, especially when my left arch gave out during warm-up. I ended up rolling my feet on a hard ball for a while and when I did the workout of the day I scaled from the running into rowing. Anyways... it was tough. It left me a bit frazzled and without appetite which made feeding BB and staying focused difficult.

While I was grilling a grilled cheese my mother called. Her voice... was frosty. She sounded angry or scared, definitely more serious than I normally hear her. She said she needed me to listen very carefully and went on to say that my sister was in hysterics and that someone had called CPS on my sister and were coming by for an inspection that day.

I felt sick. I got lightheaded. I tried to hold the panic back and focus on one thing at a time. I got BB fed and called the hubster. 

The CPS folks were scheduled to come at 1:30, during BB's nap. Turned out that BB had a hard time getting down for his nap around noon and I had to drive him around for his nap today. I wasn't there for the visit. My sister, her boyfriend, my brother, my dad, and I think one of my sister's friends was there too... 

The investigators called me while I was driving home and I stopped by their office (the hubster happened to be able to meet me there) and they looked over BB and spoke with us. 

It was all so intense. So stressful. Watching my family in distress was surreal and distressing. Seeing my nephew so innocent and unaware of what was happening just heartbreaking.

Most of the time these sorts of things are unable to be properly substantiated and don't get beyond a "here's some resources, try to do a better job," so I'm not afraid of my nephew being taking away or "put in the system." I hope if anything that it will only improve the situation for him and my family. 

Living here these couple months I have noticed how much parenthood is wearing on them. I do believe my nephew could have a better emotional environment. I hope this is all for the best.

My family has been searching for answers and trying to figure out where the report came from. It feels a bit like an MTV special with all the drama... certainly doesn't feel like my "real life." Wow. Guess you never know, eh?


In the meantime I have to calm back down. Probably going to take my sleeping meds tonight!



In other news, we're heading over the mountains to visit my in-laws. We're very excited to see them and excited to have a mini-vacay. 

16 comments:

  1. Aaaaargh.
    Look after yourself, BB and the hubster. You can't do any more. And I am really glad you have a few days away coming up. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm trying to focus on! Hugs :o)

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit worried this sort of thing is going to happen to my younger daughter and her baby, so I can relate.

    Look after yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's the plan. Hopefully it's all for the best in the end.

      Delete
  3. Why did they look over BB? Hope it all turned out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting to see how things end up-lots of paperwork and such that goes through the pipes. They looked over BB because we live there and apparently any report on a residence they have to examine everyone that is residing there.

      Delete
  4. Things will subside in due time, dear friend. I agree with LL Cool Joe, Hannah. Look after yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda :o) I appreciate the support!

      Delete
  5. Thinking of you and sending hugs. Have a good time with the in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e :o) We had a great time on mini-vacay!

      Delete
  6. Well freaking done, for staying calm and doing all the right things while this was happening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot. I feel like a chicken with her head cut off so often, I tend to forget to acknowledge the progress I make with coping skills.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry to hear all this. I hope everything turns out well. And I hope things improve for your nephew. No child should ever have to end up 'in the system'. Glad you stayed calm. Take care of yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha :o) I agree with you and appreciate your support

      Delete
  8. So sorry you're going through all this. You did the right thing, taking care of BB, making sure all was well with him, and you. I hope things will improve for your nephew. Glad you're getting away for a few days. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very fortuitous to have that time away when we did! I'm still quite anxious though. One day at a time.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF