Saturday, June 6, 2020

Packing Has Begun

I have decided I don't really like packing. Perhaps I'll like unpacking more? I can't really remember our other moves-how stressed I was, how satisfying it may have been, how afraid I was for our favorite belongings. So, I'm taking things one box at a time.

One thing I'm not taking one at a time is reading. I have four books cracked at the moment (and a day ago it was five). I'm reading The First Days of School and The Hate U Give to prepare for school and Anna Karenina and Julie & Julia for pleasure (although The Hate U Give is also a good book). I just finished a very dense read about PBS (Positive Behavioral Support) which I had tried to read at least three times before and failed. It was a library book that I got stuck with when plague hit. I then discovered that the school I'm headed to is using a similar (if not same) behavioral management program so I buckled down and got 'er dun.

As far as moving we have given notice and set a date-the 19th. That said, we don't for sure have a place to move just yet. They couldn't process the application without us having given notice because our current apartment management wouldn't confirm our tenancy without us having given notice. Huh??? It's scary. The hubs thinks the next contact from the property manager in Utah will be to arrange a time to get the keys. I'm still afraid of rejection.

There is a chance (if the apartment hasn't rented our unit) that we can stay on until the end of June if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that. I already feel like we're packed up a bit early but it will be a process I suppose.

I have been so caught up in the move and being freaked out about the prospect of my teaching role that I haven't been keeping up on the blogging. I wonder how y'all are doing?

2 comments:

  1. Packing? Bleah. At either end.
    Good luck - and keep reading for respite, for comfort, for escape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're under control, but we got most of our boxes and packing materials from Freecycle in case you need more things. There always seem to be people out there that are looking for someone to take their empty boxes off their hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF