Monday, July 6, 2020

The Boys Are Back In Town

***Yes, that's a Thin Lizzy reference and also a nod to "A Knight's Tale" (great movie if ya haven't seen it).***

Anyways! My boys are back home after a journey to Yellowstone and my brother-in-law's in Idaho. They left Wednesday and got back Sunday. It was rejuvenating to have some time to myself but definitely a little lonely. I stayed at home after having my big panic attack/episode and being bedridden on Tuesday. They took some gorgeous pictures and while I feel like I missed out, I also feel like we made the right decision. A few days with not a lot of sleep and lots of car driving may not have been best for me.

Instead, I spent a lot of my time reading and working on some training for school. Ironically the Canvas program that freaked me out so bad after my trip to the district office! I'm feeling better about it even though I'm still intimidated. I think most of my anxiety around school is the lack of curriculum right now. I don't know what books we are doing (outside of "The Hate U Give" but we're not starting with that) and I have intermittent freak outs about it.

In other news, we are liking Utah. I've been taking walks through our neighborhood to a local park that has a nice ring around it for walking. It isn't particularly exerting though. I need more exercise for sure. That said, I'm not sure that I'm ready to walk into a gym. The idea makes my Covid senses tingle and I'm not a huge fan of working out alone. That said, my backup plan is getting a rower. I know the hubs likes to row and I used to love it too.

BB is doing well. Only a few "I miss Grandma" moments but mostly excited to play with some other boys on the street. There is a 10 yo and a 4 yo and they both play with BB really well. Little difficult when it's so hot and relationships are just blooming. Sometimes we have to tell BB that he can't just run over to the neighbors at all hours! He also enjoys the park up the hill too. His school is even closer than the park but we also have to get him enrolled in an afterschool care program at La Petite or KinderCare etc.


SO. We are doing pretty well overall. Some freak outs, and I missed a vacay... but we're good. :o)

Sending hugs and good vibes :o)

2 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to read this post. And yes, skipping that trip sounds like the sensible (albeit) lonely option. Reduced sleep if I am already in vulnerable mode is a killer for me.
    Hooray for doing pretty well. Onward and upward.
    And the usual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that things are settling down a little. Exploring new places is always fun. Looking forward to hearing about what else you are finding in your new place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF