Both BB and I had our photos taken for school this year. Here's a side-by-side:
We were surprised to see BB pull a toothless grin because he's usually a big smiler. He did meet expectations when he insisted on wearing what he wanted. He loves the button down alligator top I picked out but for whatever reason wanted to wear his glow-in-the-dark Moab lizard shirt. I think the red looks pretty good on him.
My hair is growing out and even longer now. I've got little flippies on the side that remind me of the flying nun headpiece... what are those called?
In other news our weather has turned cold here. Still sunny days but it's definitely fleece weather now. I'm not sure how much time I have to sit on the porch any more (sad face). I truly loved sitting on the porch in the heat this summer.
That said, I'm getting excited for snow. There is a 50% chance we'll get snow tomorrow so I'll be on the edge of my seat!
It's been a busy month and we've hosted my brother-in-law, my best friend and goddaughter/her brother/a new friend, and my parents are coming next weekend. Thank goodness our guest bedroom came together just in time! We've had some great visits and I'm grateful.
I feel like Thanksgiving will be here before we know it... and then Christmas. We are at quarter break and embarking on a novel. I plan on having the book-on-tape read aloud to the kids during class but I'm nervous about it being tedious. I have quizzes for every three chapters and other article assignments but it can still be so boring...
Anyways. Politics. I'm excited for this year's election. Stakes are high and I'm hoping for mass turnouts. I heard a statistic that 2008 was the highest turnout in modern history at 61%-ish. I hope we beat that. I think no matter what happens I will have a moment's joy if that happens.
But I'll be blissed out if Biden/Harris make it in :D I love her. She makes me happy.
Off to do dishes and make the hubster happy (I can hear his displeased sighs around me).

Love that photo of both of you. And can definitely see you in him.
ReplyDeleteI do hope that the bliss in your penultimate sentence is yours. so much.
And I am thrilled to read this. It does sound as if your move is treating you kindly.
Nice photos of both of you, but I especially love that grin on BB.
ReplyDeleteNice photos and it sounds like you are happy there.
ReplyDelete