Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Transfer of Care

This morning my therapist called in sick for the 2nd or 3rd time since I started seeing him a few months back. I haven't been responsive to his care as it is and decided to request a new therapist. It makes me nervous. I know that I'll probably never see or him from him again but just the act of leaving makes me anxious. I don't want to offend or upset and yet I'm also excited for a new chance at clicking with someone. 

School has been digital since the week of Thanksgiving (once we hit our threshold for cases we go digital for 2 weeks) so tomorrow is our last digital day for this quarantine. It's been a good shift actually. Shorter class times are accepted and I sort of like the weird silence that comes with hosting a mass Zoom meeting. It feels a bit less awkward than the wall of silence I experience in my live classroom teaching.

The silence is deafening. I'm so concerned about my teacher observations and having administrator(s) see that I don't get my kids talking and can't propel a conversation in class. There are a couple kids in each class that will contribute but for the most part everyone sits and stares. I don't know if they just don't get it or just don't feel comfortable talking. Cold calling (just randomly choosing someone) works rarely. A lot of time I get the "I don't know" or "I have nothing to say." 

In more cheerful news I bought myself an advent calendar from The Body Shop and have been thoroughly enjoying it. I started it early and have had a nice bath bomb, hand lotion, and shea butter soap-a full size one at that! It's a pretty cool little thing that I might repeat in years to come. BB has a LEGO advent calendar that he opens and builds a little LEGO creation every morning. He's loving it too. The hubs... doesn't have anything. But he did eat a bunch of cheeseball last night. :P

I freaked out Monday about my health and feeling like I'm not sleeping well. It's not good and I'm nervous about my mood slipping. I also haven't been working out regularly (read: at all) and that affects my sleep and my mood as well. It's the time of year that usually proves challenging for me and it's the first year I have felt relatively stable for as long as I have. SO if I have a shot at getting through unharmed this is it. 

One day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time (and sometimes one hour at a time).
    Scary as it is, I am glad that you have a chance to find (and connect with) a new therapist.
    Holding you in my heart - and your advent calendar sounds blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong in seeking a new therapist if the present one is ill or you do not connect. Things happen and you need to take care of you. As far as school goes, one day at a time is the best approach when dealing with teens. Enjoy your Advent Calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need an advent calendar now. Maybe one with chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF