Our holidays went really well. BB was showered with gifts which left him with a "gift complex" thinking he should get gifts EVERYDAY. We're transitioning out of that phase but it's been difficult, especially when he is sleepy or hungry. My favorite gift has to be the heated throw from my mother. It's amazing!
I'm not looking forward to going back to school... I managed to disconnect pretty thoroughly which is leaving me feeling unprepared and out-of-sorts. I'm worried about remembering how everything works not to mention planning which I have been completely uninspired toward. End of quarter is just two short weeks away so I'll have to have everything set.
The hubs also got to relax some and take a few days off. He doesn't accrue paid time off so he couldn't take more than a few days. His contract is coming up for renewal this month and so we're not quite sure what the future holds. He doesn't really want to continue with this company but he hasn't found another job quite yet. We shall see. I'm not freaking out like I may have in the past but, as I said before, we shall see.
I'm grateful for the sunnier (that doesn't really look like a word, does it?) weather here but not as much as the hubster. He glows with gratitude when he compares our previous region to our current locale. It's nice to see him peaceful and joyous. It has become more regular to me, normalized and perhaps I don't feel as much gratitude for it as I could. I still gawk at the mountains around us though. Sure we had mountains in WA state but not nearly as close and there is something more majestic here, older.
I hope that everyone else has had a lovely holidays and bright New Year. I know things aren't going to change overnight but the change in numbers has brought a little hope. We are symbolic creatures, are we not? I also get to have my vaccine in a couple weeks and I'm very excited for that. Although I do hear of a different strain of the virus coming about and that makes me nervous. It really is boggling.
Damn, some Boggle sounds awesome! Maybe I can get the hubster to play Upwords later...
Happy New Year all and best of luck!
If my email didn't reach you (not sure I have a current address) HUGE thanks for your card.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are getting the vaccine (and early indications seem to be that it will also protect against the variants).
Here's to a hopeful, healthy and happy year.
I did get your email! Sorry if I didn't respond! I am very glad to hear early indications look good for vaccine.
DeleteHappy New Year!
ReplyDelete