Ya know that quip, "Hard at work? Or hardly working?" That reminds me of my week.
I've been going into the office (school) and it's been exhausting. Some days are 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM and even if I'm not that early it's still exhausting! We had a training that started at 8:30 AM (so I was there at 8:00 AM) and that was still gutting.
All that and I've had spats of productivity offset with complete paralysis. They switched one of my ELA 12 classes to a Mythology class, which is kind of cool but I have NOTHING prepared for it. At least I get a textbook for this one.... all the teachers say "it will teach itself" but that old book don't poop out magical PowerPoints and quizzes. Unfortunately.
I'm spent.
I'm sure you can tell by the way I'm writing haha
So here I am. Still terrified and mildly excited... mostly terrified. It seems ridiculous that they have entrusted me with so much. Don't they know how little I know!? And I'm just talking about curriculum and tech, never mind how long ago I got my degree and what kind of teaching I can do. It's madness. They'll throw a wet rug up there and see how it goes at this rate.
Okay, that was a little harsh. I apologize to wet rugs everywhere.
I enjoyed some weeding yesterday and hanging out with a neighbor afterward. Today I managed to do the dishes but we're getting takeout yet again. The hubs and I are both done under with work. It's weird!
Throwing me off... and yet maybe this is the beginning of a new dance, not really a "throwing me off" but a "throwing me into" something.
I feel loopy. I'm going to go do something and wait for the Chinese food to arrive!
Best wishes and caring thoughts :o)
Your best wishes and caring thoughts are reciprocated - and covered in rainbow dust.
ReplyDeleteI suspect that many, many people (me included) have more confidence in you than you can muster.
Channel the little red engine just as hard as you can - and enjoy the take out (which we call take away).
I am always exhausted when I start something new. They are trusting you with this job because they know you are competent--not perfect. And you sound a lot more prepared than many of my kids' teachers were and my kids still learned things. Whether you believe it or not, you are going to do just fine and as time goes on, hopefully, you will realize that for yourself. In the meantime, don't forget to take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteTake it a day at a time. You can do this. Hugs from someone who was once in your shoes.
ReplyDelete