The hubster needed a little spring break and wanted to visit the beach so that's what we did. Saturday we drove down to my parents and we hung out with them until Sunday after lunch. Then we drove to Long Beach (leaving the mutt with the parents) and spent two nights over which my illness became more pronounced. By the time we drove back to Yelm on Tuesday I was speaking two octaves lower than usual and the mucus machines were gearing up.
The hubster went home Tuesday night after a challenging game of Progressive Rummy. He took Monday and Tuesday off but had to work the rest of the week. Meanwhile I stayed in Yelm and spent time with my mom and my sister once she arrived Thursday. By then I was a groggy snot machine with no appetite trudging around the house and consuming lots and lots of tea!
Saturday my mom, sister and I picked up some art supplies at Michael's and then we all drove north with Fio to bring me home. For the project we each picked a word and a color that would appear on each art piece however the individual artist designed. I chose "nourish," my sister chose "bonkers," and my mom chose "acceptance." Our colors were purple, orange, and green. It was really fun. Not just since I hadn't done any crafting in quite a while but because we hadn't done a project together just for fun in a really long time!
After lunch and farewells I had time to decompress with the hubby, watching episodes of "Burn Notice" until I felt as if bullets were to whiz through our windows at any moment!
There was a bit of deflation after my sister and mom left. I wrote a note to my brother and generally felt sad about not knowing my family that well, or feeling that they know me. My husband reminded me that my family knows my past, not necessarily a bad thing and something to appreciate. It was an enjoyable visit, although whether I have a good or unpleasant family visit I feel sad afterwards. Either missing what I don't have or have but don't see often enough! I suppose I need to focus on my personal health and gratitude despite the negative feelings.
Now the hubby and I are at home, both recovering from mucusy sickness (he started feeling sick Wednesday but didn't tell me til I was headed home so I wouldn't fret or feel guilty) and readjusting to our normal, working schedule.
In other news, Fio has been scratching a hot spot on his neck into a bloody mess. This week I'm recommitting myself to monitoring him and keeping his paws on the ground! Millie puked ON the couch, the hubby cleaned it, and then I sat in the clean wet spot to watch marathon "Burn Notice" without realizing my mistake until I stood up and found the wet spot on my pajamas. Smooth. Iroh got his nails clipped and a thorough brushing, which he very much enjoyed (along with the treats afterward).
Spring is coming to the PNW and today was my first day of spring cleaning... Well, more accurately my first 2 hours of spring cleaning hehe I started cleaning the patio and working on my plants but have plans to meet the hubby at a potential new dentist at 1:00 pm so stopped and showered, made some coffee, and opted for an episode of "Murder, She Wrote" before errands this afternoon. More bleach to come with more spring cleaning....
I think Washington has two seasons: molding and de-molding!

"Molding and de-molding. You've got that right! Vancouver Island is the same way. Another problem is green algae growing everywhere. Our entire back deck that gets little sun desperately needs to be bleached and a good scrub.
ReplyDeleteAglae, moss, molds-we have it all here, don't we? My car looks hairy! Pfft, I love it here but sure gets fuzzy with all this rain! :)
ReplyDelete