Monday, April 7, 2014

April. April Already!

Dawning on me that it is April. Next month is road trip and a graduation party. Then June is a Vegas trip and July is a big BBQ and Warrior Dash 5k. I'm feeling some pressure and with the pressure comes self-judgement.

Whew. Deep breaths. Freaking out isn't going to get me anywhere except stuck in bed til 10:00 AM!

Instead, I need to be kind. I need to know that I am fine just as I am. I want to jog more, start doing yoga again, and feel better but I know that it won't happen if I harp on myself. Negativity doesn't breed positive results. I've played that game in the past! I can bully myself into making some changes, maybe lose some weight and exercise but it falls apart when I realize that I don't like myself any more than I did before.

So, instead, I will be kind to myself. I will remind myself that I am good, worthwhile, and loved. Keeping in mind that healthy diet and exercise is not a punishment but a blessing, a kindness extended by me to me to improve my life-because I am worth it.

No pressure. Just acceptance, love, and hope. In that theme, I won't set any goals. I'll simply BE and explore what I am capable of, what I can achieve, and what new, healthier food I can experience.

Hopefully, I can fit into some shorts before I start sweltering in the Vegas heat and hopefully I can strengthen my back muscles before a cross-continental car trip, but if not, I'm still okay.

Deep breaths. Let's see what this Hannah can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Be well, HBF